So, school starts next week.
I'm going to let that sink in for a second...
WHAT IN THE WORLD??? How did we get to the end of summer so quickly...I'm starting to think that maybe we don't REALLY get 24 hours in each day...maayyyybe, there were some hours that were sorta "snuck out" while we slept...because OH MY GOODNESS...SCHOOL STARTS NEXT WEEK!
Now, this revelation brings with it some hard, cold facts:
1. I will actually have to get out of bed before 8am starting Wednesday.
2. I will not be able to stay up until 2am every night...(duh, because of #1)
3. I will be able to exercise to p90x without being asked a question every 30 seconds about Tony Horton's muscles or "Mommy, why does your tummy jiggle so much when you work out?"
4. I will not be able to just scoop them all up and run to the pool...ummm, like EVERY DAY and listen to all three of them laugh and play together.
5. Little Munchkin and I are going to have some special one on one times coming up this fall...
6. I really need to get on the ball here soon and plan the "Mamarazzi Preschool Program" for Little Munchkin...(you can pretty much guarantee it will involve things such as the zoo, COSI, park programs, reading and baking chocolate chip cookies...a LOT)
To finish off these last days of summer, my SIL from that state up yonder, surprised us yesterday by driving herself AND ALL FOUR OF the BOYS down for a quick visit. We loaded them all into the vans and headed to the pool. Now granted, I have all girls and my brother has all boys..but they are stair steps in ages and they play like there is no tomorrow. We had so much fun just watching them...well, and getting splashed by the twins (but let's not call the getting wet part actual fun b/c when I sit on the edge of the pool, I don't really WANT to get wet...I just want to pretend that I'm a cool pool mom...but that was a whole other post from a long time ago)
Anyhoo...they left in the afternoon and we scrambled to clean up...because lord have mercy on me, my house was a disaster...seriously, when your SIL (whom you don't get to see all that often) has to ask to use another bathroom upstairs because the one she stepped into is so incredibly clogged that you can barely breathe...honey, you've got problems! I'm going to chalk up that particular situation as one in which my SIL will feel soooo great when she gets home to her house and compares:)
I like to make people feel good about themselves...and doggone, if my house has to be a disaster in order to help you out...I'm here for you people!!
Okay...last thing to mention...I think I may have failed to tell you that after 5 years of procrastination and saving up and more indecision and oh, forgetfulness...we FINALLY are putting in a patio off the back of our house...I'm treating the workers to chocolate chip cookies, watermelon, banana bread, lemonade, soda...maybe they'll just throw in a hot tub or something because I'm so nice????
probably not...but regardless, I"m looking forward to morning coffee on the back patio swing (I would be remiss if I didn't say that I would have liked to say back PORCH swing, but I also don't feel like shelling out $40,000 just so I can sit outside during a rain...but ya know)
So, I"ll post some pictures as I get them loaded and as I finish up the 4 photo sessions, 4 Italian Stallion reunion sessions and get ready for my Snapshop on Sunday...so, I guess that means you'll see some pictures sometime before Christmas, but possibly after Thanksgiving...good grief!
Have a great day!