Saturday, August 13, 2011

It's been awhile

It's been awhile since I've written once again...I'm hoping to get more into a groove once the full schedule gets into motion.  Although, I will be sad to see my babies head off to school again.  So many changes happening...not just in a new grade, new friends, different activities...but my Sweetpea, especially, is starting to come into "her own"...

I can't really explain it well enough because to be honest, I'm just plodding through myself.  At every stage of parenting I find myself in the midst of a gazillion emotions....

Thankful- that I have 3 beautiful, healthy little girls
Content- with a "just the right size" family and happy where God has us for now
Anxious- because they are getting more and more independent (which is a long term goal of ours) but along with it comes the trepidation of the fact that I can't just keep them at my side forever
Happy- because they each come up with new ways to make us laugh...especially at the dinner table
Strong-when I feel like crumbling but know that I have to be confident for them in order to "get them through" a tough patch
Mama Bear (yes I know this is not an adjective to describe an emotion, but roll with me here) "mama bear" comes out less and less these days as I'm "growing up" (he he) and learning to calmly deal with situations, but I can't say that my insides aren't clamoring to get out to chew off the head of some little child who thinks it appropriate to make my little girl cry or intentionally say mean things.
Dependent- I feel this more as they get older and although it is as God wants it, it sometimes is scary to finally realize how LITTLE control I actually have!
Frustrated- when I have answered the question for the umpteenth time when I know she just wants to prove that she's right and I'm wrong and I have to step up and be the parent and I just want her to go back and be the niave little girl she once was:)
Proud- that they actually ARE growing up and asking questions and seeing the world through their eyes, filtering through the values that we've set up for our family.

I could go on and on...sometimes I feel like a jumble and it takes a phone call to Italian Stallion to help me put it back into perspective again.  Only a week until school starts again...a blessed week to have fun with them and cherish the time...

Thank you Jesus!