Monday, August 8, 2011

That was Then...

This is now...


It's been a-while...to say the least...

Between our two families, we've been through quite a few job changes, state moves, living out of the country, adoption,  3 daughters each, biting nails, team teaching, "mommy-dom", a gazillion novels, and a bunch more stuff that I'd just bore you with if I sat here and listed it all...

Sara and I have remained friends through it all...and so have our husbands...I'm sure Graig is thankful he doesn't have to put up with a silly blog name like my husband who reminds me often how he detests my friendly moniker jealous of my hubby's nickname for this blog...sorry friend...I'll talk with Sara for you:)

In the midst of our busy lives and the fact that we live in different states, we obviously have a more difficult time getting together each year...but we do make it a priority and guarantee it will happen...of course, if we fail, we do have 6 little girls that will wreak havoc upon our heads until we commit to a visiting date!

We had the pleasure of having them here this weekend and we enjoyed it to the fullest...it meant very late nights discussing everything from politics to college days, family ties to potty training, photography and cigars, booming business ideas to zucchini bread...and it meant early mornings with six ladies running through the house...

Inevitably G gets everyone laughing...Sara and I defend our "nerdiness"...Italian Stallion thinks up awesome treats and fun activities...and the girlies just giggle and laugh and play non-stop until they collapse during their slumber parties each evening. 

I'm so thankful that our girls have developed friendships that we hope will last them long into the future...we consider them family...we are aunts and uncles and cousins in the "terminology"....but they feel closer than even that...

Sara is a sister...and I am blessed to have them in our lives!