Sunday, August 14, 2011

PEACE

My good friend is wrestling with a HUGE decision that has to be made this week and my heart is heavy for her.  I sometimes wish life choices were easier...that we would just KNOW the right thing to do at any given time and be guaranteed just the perfect outcome for which we were hoping.  But, I suppose our need for a Savior wouldn't be all that great at the point either...and that was His purpose for coming in the first place.

I don't mean to get all "heavy" on you first thing on Monday morning...goodness knows I'd like a good laugh right about now:) 

I feel the winds of change coming...school is about to start...the to-do list feels endless: from cleaning out the closet, to getting new shoes & backpacks...purging the basement of unneccesary clutter...figuring out preschool schedules for me & little Munchkin this year...volunteering..."considering" getting a dog (GASP)...

Italian Stallion and I had a longggggggggggggggg talk this afternoon...we really do live a charmed life...we have a comfortable home, healthy children, stability, solid marriage...and yet, we so often feel like all we are doing is "maintaining" the life....we enjoy our children's activities, carting them from one place to another...we help with schooling and learning activities...we make our meals and get the laundry done (sometimes)...we chat with neighbors and go to work daily...mow the lawn and play a round of Wii every once in awhile...

These things are great and good and fun...but, not until recently, did we discover, that both of us know from God's word that there is MORE to this life than just maintaining...sure, we go through seasons of things just needing to be accomplished...for example, the first year of our children's lives...that would be deemed SURVIVAL...you go about life to get to the end of the tunnel and try to enjoy the bright spots along the way...

But, we're at 9.5, 7 and 4 years old...entering a new stage of parenting...minds becoming more independent and I don't want to just "maintain"...We want them to know that not only do we have values and godly priorities...but, there's more to one's life and heart than just "getting it done"....I want a PEACE that settles in our hearts amidst the daily routine...

And the point is...I struggle with it...WE struggle with it...

So, we started the journey this evening...I.S. and I mapping out a plan...writing down not just goals, but practical ways to implement them...I don't know how it will look, but we're planning on bringing it to the family table tomorrow with the girls...

I'm not even sure that I've adequately explained it, but it helps ME to have it written out here...as a reminder of this 'feeling' and knowing that there is a calling that is bigger than just the NOW...

thanks for listening:)