Friday, August 19, 2011

Patio is Coming Along...

So...I mentioned the other day that we are finally putting in a patio.  I say "finally" not because I'm trying to be uppity or posh or "oh my it's about time we put that in, next we need the helicopter pad and inground pool"...

In our last home, we always regretted waiting so long to put on the deck because once we had it in, we had so much more opportunity to have neighbors and friends over...and without it, it wasn't as if we DIDN'T enjoy company, our outdoor area just wasn't as conducive...or...I'm not even sure how to explain it...I'm trying to be "politically correct" here and failing miserably...

Basically, it's not that we HAVE to have someTHING in order to have the relationships or neighborhood comradery that we are envisioning, but having a PLACE outdoors just tends to "aid" in that "dream"  That's ALL I'm saying...and the fact that God allows us to have the ability to improve our home at this time in our lives is an incredible gift and we don't take it for granted!

Wow...THAT was some explanation...

So, I thought I'd post a few pics of the process along the way...we are continuing to "invest" in our workers as they keep working...the girls made mini loaves of chocolate chip banana bread yesterday and the guys just raved over it...I can't tell you how that made Sweetpea and Peanut BEAM.

It's coming along nicely, even though I have NO idea how they do it...all those numbers and leveling and following this blueprint...it's all "greek" to me...



Here are some BEFORE pictures...


And then, they came in with the machines and all the brick pavers...



don't you think a nice FREE hot tub would look great right there on the end??? 

just joking...