Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Numbers 5+

Okay...I've decided that I better make this my last post concerning our December celebrations...it's just getting a bit monotonous...even though it was a blast for the fam!

So...Christmas Eve has always been special for Italian Stallion...it's the 7 course meal that does it I think...the eating all day longgggg...

We start out by making the gingerbread train (see the first post for the anatomically correct gingerbread man) I found the idea in a family fun magazine (not for the gingerbread man...but, the TRAIN!!!)



Nana used to do a house with each little family...but it got to be a bit much...now we just raid her house and make a disastrous mess in a span of about 45 minutes...there is so much sugar consumed that we usually need to take a walk outside in the bitter cold just to calm the kiddos down!!!

Once the train is assembled...and the walk is complete...we get dressed up for the christmas eve service...the girls love to get all dressed up again in their capes and muffs...


And then the eating begins...anti-pasta, wedding soup, lasagna, salad....it just goes on and on and on...

After Daddy rolls us to the car, we read our Advent book and head to bed...in the morning, the girls break through the "wrapped up" family room and the presents begin...

This year instead of having a scavenger hunt for a present...we did a scavenger hunt for the "What God Wants for Christmas boxes"...it was sooo much fun...and we got to end our christmas giving/getting time in a really cool way!

The whole day was spent just playing games, singing, watching christmas movies, making a birthday cake for Jesus, eating leftovers and all the cookies from earlier in the week...we ended that night with putting up the glow in the dark stars that the girls each got in their stockings...they had such fun glowing them on their ceiling as they went to bed that evening...

I think this christmas was one of my most favorites!!!  Thank you God for a great family!!!

p.s. I DID get my hats and scarves done for the girlies...still working on the mittens and headbands...but I was glad to have finished something for them to at least open on christmas day!