Sunday, December 27, 2009

Number 3

And we're up to number 3 now with the little Italian family December Celebrations....

We went up north early this year..I don't know the last time we went BEFORE Christmas...but after the snow fun, we packed up the ENTIRE house and headed up.

It still amazes me how much STUFF we can accumulate and take for only a couple nights away...whether it's one night or a week, it's the same amount of stuff...we had pillows, blankies, more pillows, stuffed animals, American Girl dolls, webkins...these were all the NECESSITIES of course...not to mention things like underwear, toothbrushes, shoes...

We had a couple of meltdowns over which pillow we were going to take when Daddy finally put a limit on what the girls were "packing"...At one point Sweetpea said, "This is just the hardest thing I've ever had to do." (this about choosing between her doggie pillow and her doggie stuffed animal pillow)...Honey, if this is the hardest thing you've ever had to do...you are beyond blessed, pick it and let's go!!!

At this point, I am sad to say that I embarked on a lesson of those less fortunate than us which spurned me onto a pedestal speech which brought my daughters to tears...ahhh that Christmas "mercy" spirit that flows from me in those frustrating times...Praise God for Italian Stallion who came to their rescue and put their mother in her place quickly and quietly before I was able to put together a slide show and music to make my point!!!

She made a choice, we got packed and we were off...


We had a great visit with my dad...the twins had some first steps...we saw my dad's new establishment which is quite nice...Jackalopes...we ate more than we should have and then headed back to my mom's house...It had been awhile since my brother and I had been sleeping under our old roof at the same time...although, now it's our children that are in the same room keeping each other awake at night.


We woke up the next morning and had celebrations...and then my girls cried half way home because they missed Grandma and Auntie...



This particular trip got our Little Munchkin all mixed up with the Christmas Story though...Every time we mention Joseph now, she always includes "and Jason"...oh well..