Monday, December 14, 2009

Donut Man Live!!!

We saw the Live Nativity last night at a little country church.  We've had this tradition since Sweetpea was about one month old...

I remember that first time as I have her completely covered up in her little Graco car seat carrier...bundled and sound asleep...thinking, "What are we doing out here in the cold with a one month old???  OH...it's gonna be a tradition...okay..."

And so began the yearly trek out to the country church for a live OUTDOOR presentation of Christ's birth and then the Puppet Posse performance INSIDE along with hot cocoa and cookies!

This year Little Munchkin was a tad nervous...with the donkey braying and the sheep bleeting and the run away llamas...she was clinging to my neck...

I whispered in her ear the story she's heard a million times...the angel coming to Mary, the mommy and then to Joseph, the daddy...and then they had to go to Bethlehem and baby Jesus was born...

She sat wide eyed and watched everything...it was sweet as she commentated what was happening back to me..."the mommy sit...Jofes, the daddy is seeping...hee hee, the sheep is too loud!"  and then "Mommy, it's DONUT MAN"...

Now, those that have no clue what I'm talking about...please just know that IF you did know...you'd LAUGH...but, since you don't...this post will be utterly meaningless and for that I apologize...

Donut Man is a guy that has been around a LONGGGGGG time teaching kids...remember Captain Kangaroo?  Well, it'd be like our kids talking about Captain Kangaroo...no other kids knows what they're talking about, but the adults do...We still have Donut Man videos and he has a christmas presentation all about Jesus' birth and HE plays the angel...

Needless to say, when the "angel" came out last night...Little Munchkin yelled:  DONUT MAN for all to hear...I'm not quite sure the GIRL playing the angel was all that thrilled being compared to a DONUT...but hopefully the sheep bleeting in her ears drowned out the sound of my little one yelling...

Fun memories and traditions to be had...
What is your favorite Christmas tradition???