Friday, December 25, 2009

December Celebrations...#1

I'm so sorry that I've been gone for a bit...We've been cramming a lot in this month and it's just been so much fun!  Although, I have missed catching up on my blog reading and facebooking...

So without further ado...thought I'd share just a bit of what's been going on in our life over the past few days.  I will try to spread it out over a couple of days so as to not bore you with a lengthy blog read...I hope it will still be entertaining though...

After school parties concluded and school programs had ended...the Christmas break truly began...

#1:  The Nutcracker

We kicked off the celebration with a trip downtown to the BalletMet to see the Nutcracker Ballet...it's a tradition in our household.  When the girls reach the age of 4, they get the opportunity to stay up late and get dressed up to go see the production.


Nana has always made them black velvet capes to wear over top their Christmas outfits...and we got them white muffs to keep their hands warm.  They make quite an impression whenever you see all 4 girls heading down the walkway...I guess it's like a flashback in time for most people...who really wears muffs these days?  But, my girls love them and it's the highlight of the December celebrations...

This year we sat in the balcony...I was able to get one picture before getting reprimanded to put my camera away because they aren't allowed in the theater...perhaps the flashes will eventually take out of the color of the plush red velvet seats?  Not sure why, but I graciously put it away anyway...


It's probably a good thing though...last year, we sat on the floor right UP CLOSE to the dancers...and let me just say that we got quite the show when the Sugar plum fairy and her partner came out...and by show I mean that we may have seen a little MUCH of her partner to my little girls' liking...not wanting to be taking pictures of THAT for sure...(perhaps that how my girlies decided to make their anatomically correct gingerbread man this year? hmmmm?)


Anyhoo...the ballet was wonderful as usual and as we headed back out, we saw our first snow falling...it was beautiful and we couldn't resist just a few more pictures as we got soaked with the wet precipitation and slipped along the sidewalk...