Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Just a crazy thing

I went shopping yesterday...

for 7 hours...

Yes, you read that correctly...SEVEN HOURS...

My sister went with me...

It wasn't like the FUN shopping that you get to do before christmas...it was more like the drag your feet, pull your hair out, scream at the top of your lungs type of shopping that you have to do AFTER christmas when you have umpteen million things that need to be returned because they either didn't fit, didn't work OR in my case, you knew that they went on sale and you can get a better deal...

UGH

UGH UGH UGH

I got a lot accomplished...but in the process, I had a few hours of sadness...

Here's my story...

My wonderful friend in Kenya sent me a pair of beautiful earrings for my birthday back in September.

I LOVE them...

I'm not a fancy girl...I'm not used to dangling things hanging from my ears...they are so pretty...they hang fairly long with a black/brown flat/circular stone at the bottom...Once they are in, I don't even feel them anymore...

and therefore, I'm NOT used to these things being ripped from my ear whilst trying on clothes and not realizing it until 2 store later!

I wear these earrings almost everyday...considering that my wardrobe consists of nothing but white, brown, black or ivory...they go with everything...AND, they make me feel stylish even though I'm pretty much in sweatpants or jeans on most days...(and YES, I know that wearing dangling earrings with sweatpants is probably definitely a fashion faux pas...but, remember, I said I'm not a fancy girl)

Anyway...While in the 50th store of the evening, I realized that I was missing an earring...my sister and I started calling the other stores where I had tried on different clothing items...noone had turned in an earring.

I was so sad...wasn't sure how I was going to break it to my friend in Kenya either..."UMmm, Sara...remember those beautiful earrings that you not only purchased, but then had to pay an arm and leg to have them sent over to the U.S. for me for my birthday ONLY 3 months ago...yeah, I lost them!"

I wasn't looking forward to it to say the least...

After being up late (scribbling a blog/journal about it in the middle of the night laying in bed in the night) I prayed that God would just let me let it go and sleep...

low and behold, the next morning...there was the earring on the floor of the bathroom...must've gotten stuck in something I was wearing and came out when I changed for bed...what I don't know is if I actually slept with it on me all night or if it fell out the night before???

nevertheless, it's back and I'm happy once again...it's like the icing on the cake of all my returns and good deal exchanges!

Just thought I'd share the story because I seem to have misplaced some of my "wit and humor" and I feel badly cuz I haven't blogged all that much recently...so, I'm checking off my list that I blogged, albeit without the sarcastic humor...but, I have my earring back and I'm wearing my yoga pants...life is good!