I read to escape mostly...that's really my favorite kind of reading. I do read nonfiction...I am currently reading Six Ways to Keep the Little in your Girl, and 8 Great Dates...along with my Bible of course and a few other parenting books...with a few photography "how-to's" thrown in for good measure...
However, if I REALLY want to just relax and just forget my world of laundry, dishes and vacuuming, I try to find a book where I can just get lost in the characters' lives...I will say that I struggle to find books that do that...books that make me laugh or cry or where I can actually imagine that I'm there...
And I'm such a sucker for settings like Pride & Prejudice...I have no idea why...I would have NEVER survived in that time period...they would have cast me out of their village in no time flat.
This brings me to this quaint book...it's not a suspenseful book, it's actually fairly predictable and very reminiscent of Jane Austen...but, it was sweet...it just made me smile...and so, I thought I'd share it with you, in case you were looking for something to read on some future travels, etc...

It was as I was reading this book (at 1am last week) that I heard a loud thump/bang/crash upstairs. My mind immediately rushed to Peanut in her loft bed, thinking that it had unhinged and crashed to the floor (my mind has crazy imaginations sometimes) Anyhoo...this caused me to throw the sweet book and run upstairs yelling her name, along with, "Mommy's coming...I'm coming!!!"
Peanut met me in the hallway rubbing her eyes asking, "Mommy, why are you yelling for me? I was sleeping?" I replied, "You're not hurt, your bed is still okay?" She gave me that blank stare and I recognized that she was still half asleep and that it was my yelling that had infact wakened her...
so, what was the CRASH? As I turned to check in on Little Munchkin, she was on the floor shaking...still kinda in and out of sleep...The poor baby had fallen out of bed and hit her cheekbone onto her nightstand. The sound of my voice pulled her out of her stupor of sleep and the crying began...she realized what had happened and started shaking harder...Italian Stallion finally awoke at this point and took her while I went for something cool to put on her eye.
She's fine now, but is getting a bit of a complex about her eye...everytime we go somewhere, someone asks her if she's been in a fight...poor thing...so we face painted a pink ladybug over the purple/yellow bruise and we'll just hope it goes away soon...I'm starting to think people are thinking badly of me too...
Anyhoo...I'm thankful for face paint...and the fact that I live in 2012...it works for me:)