Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My Exercise Regime

People ask me never  all the time "How do you keep that beautiful muffin top around the top of your jeans looking extra smooshy?" 

Little Munchkin put her hands on my belly yesterday in the middle of Kroger and loudly declares, "Mommy, I think you must have a baby in there...LOOK, it's sooo big and round!"

NICE!!!

Folks, I'm approaching 40 and realizing that time is not slowing down and yet, my metabolism is...and along with that, everything seems to be sinking...down...

Now, I am going to admit that YES, this is partly a vanity thing...I DESIRE to look a certain way because I feel "pretty"...DUH...but please believe me when I tell you that it's not like I spend a boatload of time worrying about it or looking in the mirror...

in fact, it's been quite the opposite...

I did finally manage to get a haircut after 6 months and I did redo the nail polish of my toes about 2 weeks ago...this was the "self-done pedicure" from last summer mind you...

Anyway...long story short...it's not all about the looking good...but it's about the osteoperosis, heart attacks, cholesterol and all the other stuff that I'm seeing in the future if I don't take care of myself now...

I've done my duty with p90x and Jillian Michaels...and I've cut back on a lot of junk that I've been eating...(well, except for the gummy bears...ooooo, I LOVE gummy bears)

Anyhoo...I'm getting down to business now...I can't find anyone with the Insanity DVDs and truth be told, I doubt I have the gumption to even do it...but, I am serious about trying to cut back on all the processed food junk and actually working out where I SWEAT...and so...thus has begun my "regime"

It looks like this:

Get up in the morning (and get the girls out the door..this takes about an hour or so...let's just skip this part) we are thankful that I have at least gotten myself out of bed.

Go down to the basement and search the TV for any infomercial about working out...this has become my "mantra"...my inspiration...I get on the treadmill and run at 7mph, uphill...HARD for 2 miles...I then get off and go nuts trying to do whatever exercises I have watched on the infomercials targeting whatever area they happen to target that morning...sometimes I get the wonderful "Brazilian butt lift" and other days, I see Tracy Anderson jumping around in her little green/black leotard...either way, I do pushups, situps, weightlifting and anything else I can until I'm in a puddle of my own sweat and Little Munchkin is yelling for her morning Apple:) 

Shower...MAYBE get my hair dried...

and then I gulp down this:


My sister in law introduced me to them...they are called Glowing Green Smoothies (minus the celery for me...it just ruins the taste) but, I gulp this down for breakfast and I'm on my way:)

I've got Italian Stallion on the kick too...which also means that my "hour" in the morning is extended while I blend one up for him as well...

I have no idea if I will ever fit back into the jeans I wore 2 years ago...and I have a feeling that at some point, I will need to let go of that dream...but at least I'll have some healthy benefits from my craziness:)