I recently saw a brief commercial or some sort of segway from one of the many infomercials that I happen to watch each morning, about Wilson Philips...the girl band from awhile ago...which pricked my mind into remembering the songs of my parents' youth of the Mama's and the Papa's...are you impressed at my connective thinking?
Anyhoo...their song seemed like a good title for this post because good golly, the weekend was full and here we are at Monday... again:)
Italian Stallion's travel schedule has kicked into gear once again...I try to focus on the positives like, "ooo looky at all the frequent flyer miles we'll rack up"...or "hey, I can use the evenings to get some work done"...but, really, it just reminds me to be oh so kind to those sweet single moms that are just hangin' in there day after day...
The girls and I get into a routine of sorts...and bless the souls of my neighbors who are just a phone call away:) We managed just fine last week with Daddy gone to Florida, but we were ubber excited when he decided to take Friday off and let the girls play hookie!
Unfortunately for us, the principal happened to be in the office at the time of our arrival to pick the girls up from school about 4 hours early...I was quick on my feet though..."Um, we're here to take the girls on an educational field trip for the day." To which my darling husband quickly added, "yeah, and we're going out for ice cream and they are totally playing hookie!" and then he proceeded to high five Little Munchkin...right there...in the office...
I stood there a little stunned, but oh well...we're the parents I suppose, so we basically get to do what we want:)
I didn't bring my camera along...which was a good thing, because we just enjoyed each other...but a downer for the blog because...duh, no pictures:(
We headed off to lunch...then to the zoo...and finished it off with Graeter's ice cream (cuz we're all finished with Lent and there is NOTHING between me and chocolate any longer)
At home, IS started a fire in the fire pit and we got out all the smores stuff and invited our awesome neighbors down...sippin' wine and eating more chocolate...it just doesn't get better than that:)
Saturday however, was a different story...Sweetpea did not have a soccer game, however Peanut did...
Now, I did not grow up with soccer and therefore I do not necessarily understand all the rules and guidelines...I also wouldn't say that I'm a die-hard fan...this is especially true when it is about 40 degrees outside and there is a terrential downpour that is slanting sideways and my baby has to be on the field...
This is the reason why people do not ask people like me to "run" things...like soccer...
If I were running the show, the moment the first drops started, I would have called it quits...
Let's face it...I'm not overly competitve...unless I'm mad...I would have been first to say, "Hey, who's up for a forfeit?...and maybe some hot cocoa or a latte'?"
But no...we sat there in the rain for over an hour...my hubby was soaked to the bone over on the coach's side without a hat on and my sweet little Peanut looked like we had thrown her into a pool fully clothed.
Peanut's experience with soccer is very different than Sweetpea's...There are a core group of girls on Sweetpea's team that have been together since about U7...with Italian Stallion as coach...
This is not the case for Peanut and therefore the "team work" is a tad lacking...and therefore, so is the winning:) But hey, they get snacks and people cheering for BLUE DOLPHINS on the side lines like noone's business...did I mention snacks?
Once that game was finished we found ourselves in the parking lot of Papa John's ready to pick ourselves up some hot cheesey pizza and head on home for hot showers...
Sunday came with church and lifegroup huddle in the afternoon...finished off with cutting the grass and our Sunday family "devo" time watching "What's in the Bible?"...
I've got to stop a moment and give a little "advertisement" for these DVDs...My brother turned me on to them when we went to his house a couple weeks back...being a "puppeteer" myself ahem, I was intrigued to discover the use of puppetry here in the 21st century...let's face it, it's pretty old school and not so "entertaining" for kids that frequently use ipod, ipads, computers and Wii games...
HOWEVER...I gotta tell you...the information that was covered in these series is like the stuff I learned at Cedarville College..."apocrypha...the canon...the whys and whos of the Bible"...but it was presented in a way that the kids could understand. Once I got past the "corny" humor and really started to see it for what it had to offer...I was laughing so hard and enjoying every minute...
And the result is that my kiddos understands why there are so many different "bibles/religions" in the world...and why we hold our Bible as the true writings...and they understand words like "redemption" and "salvation" at a whole new level...
Anyhoo...that's my two cents on the matter...
So, where was I? Sunday night right?
Yep...and once we got the girls in bed in was time for Italian Stallion to start packin' up again...and for me to be completely lazy and do nothing but sit and drink hot tea and nibble on M-n-Ms b/c we all know what a "hard" week I have ahead of me:)
p.s. as a little side note...all my little "exercise routine"-ing has left me a bit sore...apparantly, Brazilian Butt Lift is the "happenin' " infomercial for the past 4 days...and therefore, my backside is feelin' mighty bad:(...and therefore, I thought this an opportune time to seek out my neighbor and ask to borrow his Insanity DVDs...and thus, my Insane workouts have begun...
I'm going to go find a Cadbury Egg now...have a great night;)