Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Driving Miss Munchkin...with pop:)

So, Little Munchkin has become quite my buddy...it was this way with Sweetpea, when it was just her and me, before the other girls were born...I'll be honest...I really enjoy it...she is quite entertaining, to say the least...and it's fun to have someone to hang around with all day:)

Not to mention, she's my "excuse" to get "snacks" during that day...

Often a 'snack' consists of buying a fountain drink or donut...whichever we're in the mood for first:)  this sooo helps me move toward my goal of losing weight:)

Today it was a fountain drink...our conversation went like this:

LM: "Mommy, would you like to SHARE a Pepsi with me?  I can give you some sips."

ME: "Thank you sweetheart, that's a great idea"
(go through drive thru and get pop)
LM: "Mmmmm, this is good pop...I've had lots of sips now Mommy, would you like one?"

ME: "Sure, let me hang on to it for a minute"
(still driving and heading home, pop is now in the front seat holder)
LM: "Oh, I'm not going to drink it all, Mommy...I'm going to save it!"

ME:  "Yes, let's save it so we can drink it with lunch when we get home"
(about 30 seconds pass)

LM: "Mommy, I'm really very thirsty, how about if we each have ONE more sip and THEN we'll save it"

ME: "Okay, one more sip and then hand it back up here"
(after one sip and about 30 seconds later)

LM: (in a panicked voice) "Mommy, I think the pop might be melting, I need to take another sip to be sure"

ME: "why don't you hold onto it, take a sip and make sure and then we'll save it"

*cricket, cricket*

LM: (very troubled voice) "Oh, Mommy...I can't believe it...I drank the WHOLE thing...now we have nothing left to drink...I am so very sorry"

I knew this would happen, but it's just so darn funny to listen to her get to the end of it and realize that she's finished the whole "snack" all by herself...AGAIN...

Noone else may understand how tickled I am about this, but that's okay...she makes me smile regardless:)