Friday, May 4, 2012

Why YES, I AM crazy..thank you:)

Why is it that during the "slow season", the winter down time, the time when all I really need to do is sit with a nice, hot cup of tea and a book and let the hours slip by...why is it, that during THAT time, when I HAVE time, I don't think of many fun projects...

HOWEVER, once soccer season starts...once all we want to do is play outside...once housework seems to pile up due to umpteen changes of clothing during the day and multiple "game" switches take place..

it's at THESE times that my brain can't shut off...

So far, I've started about 4 Shutterfly scrapbooks online...have begun planning my younger two girls' birthday parties...and I'm getting booked up with photography sessions left and right...not to mention multiple fields trips and concerts that are approaching before the month of May is finished.

To top it off...my ubber creative neighbor (whom I'm beginning to think is as crazy as I am) came up with a FUN idea for our little preschool girls...She went out and bought 1 pound of yellow yarn for Little Munchkin and her blond hair and 1 pound of brown yard for her little brown headed girl...along with lots of flowers and ribbons and sparkles...

well...this is what we came up with:)




It ended up being just a tad more time consuming than we had originally thought, but nothing an ice cream cone at 10pm couldn't fix:) 

It was a bit funny though because we both made our "braid wig" in different ways.  I didn't want to do any needle/sewing work, so I have a lot of tying and knots in mine.  She's much more handy with a needle, so hers has a more polished look:)  I'll try to post some pictures of hers later today.

Little Munchkin was ecstatic this morning when she saw it hanging by the door.  It's so long that I put a little loop in it so that she could carry it at one side if she wants to.

Ahhhh...projects:)