Sunday, May 13, 2012

Purple Party

As I mentioned earlier...my little Peanut turned 8 years old last week...

Being the organized mother that I am, I had all my invitations sent out early...

YEP...about 3 days  before the party "early"...

Let's just say, it's a good thing it's May and people are home because noone is going to go on vacation that last month before the end of the school year...especially when you have cool field trips and stuff...right?

yes, well...fortunately, we invited so many people that the handful that were able to come made it a smashing success:)

She wanted a PURPLE PARTY...She comes up with this stuff on her own and I just try to roll with it:)

So, out I went for purple balloons, purple plates, purple cups, purple t-shirts, and even purple pop:)



The day started out with soccer games and lots of pictures...it then led to scrambling home as quickly as possible in order to get everything ready before the little 2nd graders all showed up at our house...Did I mention field trips before?  Because I would be remiss if I didn't "begin" the storytelling of the weekend by mentioning the fact that I spent some considerable amount of time on a bus with a bunch of 2nd graders yelling for me to teach them more camp songs, of which my nearly 40 year old brain brain had trouble conjuring up amidst the bodily function noises and other such "fun" experiences enjoyed by sweet 8-9 year olds on a field trip bus:) 

Anyhoo...

The little girls all came in their purple clothing and we quickly got to the nail polish, face painting and girly hair clips:)



I think Peanut just enjoys seeing other people happy...she doesn't worry so much about being the center of attention, she just wants to soak in the time and make sure that everyone else does the same...oh my, she's so much like her daddy in that way!


She loved her purple/chocolate covered strawberries and purple cake



It wasn't my "best work", but we managed...(let us remember "smelly bus ride" the day before...therefore, a tad of a tired mama)




All in all it was great fun and I'm so unbelievably grateful that God has given me this sweet girl to care for...I pray He lets me do it for a longgggggggggggggg time to come as well....She is well worth it!

p.s. The evening ended with a poison ivy scare and a Mother's Day gift that was completely unexpected:)  stay tuned...