Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day...

Peanut:  "Mommy, can I use your phone?"

Me: "Sweetheart, I have no idea where my phone is...goodness, let me just sit here for a second...I just got done scrubbing Little Munchkin down with all the hot water left in the tank because she got into what I think was poison ivy..." (insert long sigh and putting my feet up by the fire around the fire pit)

Peanut: "Mommy, I can't find it...can we call it?"

Me: "Sure babe"

Peanut: "What's your number?"

Daddy: "Here, just use my phone to call it..."

Peanut proceeds to get daddy's phone and bring it to me to dial my own number...

A ring tone begins to go off...Peanut is in the house searching for MY ringtone...she's got NOTHIN'...

The "ring" is now coming from Italian Stallion's shorts pocket...

Daddy: "Oh, look (as he pulls said ringer out of his pocket)  it's your phone?"
Me: "Um, that's not my phone...it's not even the right ringer...don't you even know my phone by now?"

Daddy:  "YES, it IS YOUR PHONE!"

Me: "Huh?...wait, is that an iphone...as in, it's mine?  You got me one?  like to keep?"

Daddy: "Settle down or you're going to drop it!"


So there you have it folks...I have an iphone...I've already been ridiculed galore over my choice of a hot pink case to contrast my white phone...but I couldnt' be happier:)  What an incredible surprise and such fun!  And all this amidst a broken tractor, a purple party, soccer games, family in town...a delicious lasagna dinner and some sweet cards from all my girls:) 

LOVIN' IT!