Thursday, May 10, 2012

EIGHT YEARS

It's been 8 years since Peanut decided she had had enough time cooking in my belly:)  She was my only early bird...(the other two came late)

I remember the moment the doctor caught her and smiled, "It's a girl"...to which I replied, "Are you sure...you might want to check again."...I couldn't be THAT maternally inept could I?  I thought each and every one of my girls were boys...and I was wrong every time...

and I wouldn't change a thing!

I remember the moment the pediatrician came in to inform me that they discovered a hole in her heart and I remember holding her and telling God that I was NOT as strong as MY mother and I could not go through the whole "heart" thing again...and I remember spending the first 3 weeks or so at Children's Hospital having test upon test done on my little Peanut...and then a little after her 2 year birthday, the doctor said that they couldn't hear it anymore and that it had closed on it's own...(I know that may be typical for some, but after watching my little sister, I was in panic mode for quite awhile)

Right from the start she was different than her sisters...and that still hasn't changed...

She's always been my spunky one...the one that will climb to the top of a tree and scare me to death...the one that will hold onto a soccer ball for dear life and have battle wounds to show for it...

She's my quiet, introvert that is a seriously deep thinker...and yet, when you are fortunate enough to be let in on her thoughts and feelings you are nearly knocked over by the enormity of her ability to feel and empathize and just LOVE.

She's very much like her daddy...(which is probably why we get along so well)  She makes us all laugh...she's insightful and carefree...she has the unique ability to see the bigger picture and not get so caught up in all the details...



Happy Birthday Sweet Peanut!!!

Oh sweet girl...your Momma loves you so much...I am so incredibly thankful that I get to be your Mom and I pray that God gives me many, many, many, many, many more years of growing with you:)