Monday, October 24, 2011

The REST of the weekend...and little bit of today

So, I basically gave you the wrap up of Saturday...but let me finish up with the remainder of the weekend...

I think I might have even mentioned that I'm a bit sick...not the kind of sick that requires you to snuggle in bed and lay there until all the germs have disintegrated...nope, I've been blessed to have the kind of sick where I"m still "semi-functional"...

How this translates into everyday life is: "Oh, pull up those boot straps lady and get a move on...there's lunches to be made, floors to be vacuumed, toilets to be unclogged...hop to it!"

The back of my throat looks like a snowstorm erupted...but feels more like a rocky volcano exploding everytime I swallow...

No fear though...I hoofed it to the doctor this morning, got the whole swab and gag routine...listened to me breathe, checked my ears...you get the idea...

It was at this point that I was given my diagnosis:  "You have a COLD"

WOW...stellar report, I know:)  To be honest, I was kinda hoping for something like Tonsilitis or some other form of a bacterial virus so that I could stock up on some good ole antibiotics and kick this "cold" in gear...

But no...

It's wonderful concoctions of ice water, warm tea, gargling with salt water, and lots of REST for me...

I'd like to interject that it was at that moment in the conversation that I giggled a little...I had to gently remind the doctor that I was a mother...of 3 girls...one of which is FOUR years old...at home...all day long...

REST isn't necessarily in the "repretoire" of things to do in the "day and life" of Little Munchkin...

And therefore I fully expect for this COLD to settle in and take up residence for awhile...

In the effort of "pulling up one's boot straps"...we went to the pumpkin patch to finally get our pumpkins...just in time for the "holiday" (if it is actually called that?) 

Because Mommy had 4 photo shoots prior to the pumpkin patching, you will notice all her make up is completely smeared off and what you don't see is the Venti White Chocolate Frappe that Italian Stallion stopped and picked up for her as he chauffeured the children so we could meet up together...

It was an interesting adventure...as we tromped through the fields in search of perfect pumpkins...amidst the squishiness of mud through our shoes and the screams of  "I've got like 10 burs in my hair MOMMY!" (and they did...it was like the remake of Ramona & Beezus...and if you haven't seen that movie, I'm sorry b/c I can't find a youtube clip of it, so you'll just have to trust me on that one and continue reading)

Anyway, we found our pumpkins and I had just enough gumption to get just a few pictures to document the outing...