...because I know that it is difficult to move on with life with that looming unknown of "what is mamazazzi doing over there???"
So, with all my medical expertise and background, I have diagnosed myself with either a heart condition, a tumor, a floating pustule or a sinus infection gone wrong...
How, you ask, have I been able to so keenly hone in on my symptoms and procure such a spectrum of diagnoses??
Yes, well, that's where my expertise (or lack thereof) comes in...
The thing is...I haven't had a fever... no sniffles, no cough, no nausea, no diarrhea, no earaches...
what the heck is wrong with you then? you may ask...
Well...once I discovered the snowstorm at the back of the throat, I went in to see the doctor (you already heard all this, but bare with me) It's not strep...but I went away from my visit still unsure and questioning whether it was REALLY just a cold...because...duh, no symptoms...
And then came the pain...
Now, let us remember that I birthed 3 babies minus epidurals...I can manage pain fairly well...at least pain that has a starting and an ending point...preferably pain that just lingers for about 2 minutes and then subsides...ultimately stopping once a bundle of 8 pound joy is laid on my chest...(but I digress)
As for the pain...it started in my throat...not like a sore throat...more like a ping pong ball that got lodged and when I swallow it just squished everything instead of going down...
And it got worse...
so much so that it wakes me from a deep sleep at night and started messing with my shoulder and into my arm with pain...everytime I swallow...
Frankly, I could use a good dieting plan and could stand to lose a few unwanted pounds, but not being able to swallow was having some adverse affects to my mood...(i.e. Mommy's cranky)
We know how that translates into the household...
Let us couple it with the fact that my darling Italian Stallion, whom I love dearly, came up with a brilliant plan earlier this week...and I will interject here that ANY OTHER time in the whole 365 day year would have been better than NOW for him to disclose this plan... but, it didn't happen that way...
My awesome I.S. decided that we, as a family, needed to get away from the TV for 3 whole days...Now, for someone like me who doesn't watch TV, it wasn't a big deal...and for the bigger girls, it wasn't huge in that they are at school all day...Little Munchkin however was going to miss her Jake and the Neverland Pirates in the morning while I got the girls to the bus stop...
What I.S. failed to recall was that I was going to have to be the one to ENFORCE this plan...I would have to enforce it during my busiest editing season of photography, during the pain and sick that has taken hold of my throat, during the week in which I have to sew costumes and make umpteen gutted orange jacko lanterns for school parties...during a time in which I otherwise would have (collective gasp here) used the TV as a babysitter for 30 minutes or so to just rest!!!
Did I happen to mention that I "may" have been a little cranky this week?
The TV ban has now been lifted, I'm on a Z-pack so the doc can rule out any infection...after that, I don't know...I just want the pain to go away:(
I have some pictures to show you soon...we'll see how efficient I can be with my time:)