The month has been full...Mamarazzi has had LOTS of photo sessions this month, and although I wouldn't trade it for the world, it has had it's moments...
However, I was much more aware and organized in my time this year and was able to schedule and make time for things that were most important...FAMILY!
We managed to get to multiple pumpkin farms and hayrides, etc...we made our own costumes and played in the leaves...and Mommy, of course, documented everything with gazillions of pictures:)
The last week of October probably brings the most "frenzy"...as we approach classroom parties, trunk or treating with AWANA, Trailer Treating with our "hick ville" peeps, painting pumpkins and much more...
The week started by finishing up the sewing and scrounging around for the rest of the costumes...Sweetpea went as Mary Poppins, Peanut went as a sweet kitty cat and Little Munchkin wanted to be...of course, a PUPPY!
We then got ready for the classroom parties...now, because I have daughters who, unlike their mother, are able to remember things...they beg me to do the SAME things that I did the year before...unlucky for me, this requires for me to stand in the kitchen for 2 hours gutting oranges to make a special "healthy" snack for one of the girls' classrooms...Also, thanks to the new PINTEREST, I was also "encouraged" by my middle child to make something special for her too...thus, the spider webs...
Once we made it through the classroom parties, we were able to participate in "our neighborhood's version of trick or treating"...we have affectionately renamed it "Trailer Treating"...
Let's face it, we live out where there aren't any sidewalks and the idea of walking 5 miles just to get to 4 houses, well, it just ain't cuttin' it anymore...it was sweet when the girls were little...we'd travel around to our neighbors, get a big ole candybar for Sweetpea, some hot cocoa for Mommy and a beer for Daddy...it was just how it was done:) Fast forward a few years, and the kids are old enough to realize that 2-3 candybars isn't "enough" to constitute trick or treating...however, we can't just let the kids run up and down these winding back roads with no street lights and such...Therefore, someone came up with the idea that all the homeowners would come to the end of their driveways...and all the kiddos would line up in john deeres, tractor trailers and wagons and we'd form a sort of "parade" up and down the street for 2 hours...
And thus began our Sunday afternoon...the decorating of the trailer...
Once it was all decorated, we got dressed up and headed out...you'd never know (because I didn't bother to take a picture) but, I actually dressed up this year...my friend Amy lent me a pumpkin costume...and so I got decked out with the kiddos and hopped in the back of the trailer and off we went...
It's a great time...Daddy rode in the truck that pulled us...we danced to the music...This was our view from the back...
here's the scene down the street...
I love how everyone just comes up and dumps candy into bags:) the kids just sit and are "waited" upon...
I"m so thankful for where we live...for the comradery and neighborhood family...My girls have it good I tell ya!
Anyway, we've painted our pumpkins and daddy carved ONE...We made it easy on him this year with NO teeth:
Happy Halloween!!!



















