Italian Stallion told me afterwards that one of these days we're just going to scrap the whole thing and send them to Chuck E. Cheese.
Not that it was a "bad" party...far from it...but, the "energy" that is involved and therefore required of the adults present is sometimes a little taxing...and it's not always the birthday girl and friends to causes us to feel this way...sometimes it's the little almost 4 year old who wants her turn first and wants to open all the presents and starts to whine and question "when is it MY birthday"...
Awhile back Peanut thought it would be cool to have a fairy party...and so I started researching and googling and asking friends for ideas...I started to make lists of things that I needed to purchase and get ready...
and then she changed her mind and wanted Nemo...
so I scrapped the plan and tried to fit in some google time in between my photo shoots and edits and trying to wrap my head around the fact that Oprah is gone from daytime television...which is akin to the feeling I had when Friends went off air as well...and yet, I don't really watch TV much, so I'm sure I can catch up in reruns or find it on the History channel in 5 years or so...anyhoo...
And then, 2 days ago, Peanut informed me that she'd like to go with the Fairy theme again...
did you see that? TWO DAYS AGO...
So, I dragged Little Munchkin out to stores and rummaged around in my basement and strolled around the backyard, through the standing water and mud...and we came up with the following...
please disregard my pathetic attempt at a cake this time around...I could bore you with my excuses from late nights and loss of power, but I think I already went that route a couple posts back, so I'll save you the pity party...again, as long as you do not cast judgement on my baking and/or decorating skills whilst attempting to function on minimal amounts of sleep...
I also want to shout out to my friends Carrie and Laura for awesome ideas that I stole rather rapidly in order to pull together a semi-functional party in a short amount of time!
Without further ado...here are some pics to commemorate the big #7 celebration!!!
SCORE on the Disney sale and purchase little fairies that we hid in the flower bed for the girls to find...
and then they made their fairy houses out of sticks that had blown off our trees along with whatever else I happened to find around the yard...
WA-LA
I love the attempt of blowing out candles OUTSIDE with the WIND blowing...
We went with the rainbow cake once again...
you can find the recipe HERE from Little Munchkin's birthday party last year...although I wish I would have listened to my "old and younger self" from a year ago and let them actually cool before transporting them...because seriously, I wasn't planning on using 3 tubs of frosting in order to piece the cake together, but friends, THAT is exactly what happened...
woohoo...big girl gets a BIG bike...and I must say, she looked rather small next to that thing..just a reminder that my girlies are growing up...WAYYY too fast...
Here was my "brilliant" last minute idea...sew up pixie dust pouch necklaces for each of the girls...complete with glitter to throw around THEIR OWN houses...oh, how the mothers will love me now!
The biggest surprise was the "fairy flying house"...aka blow up bounce thingy...it was a huge hit..
hopefully it made them tired enough to go to bed early, but I'll get back to you on that one...
It was an amazing deal...in which we ended up paying for 2 hours and they gave it to us for 5...another SCORE!
All in all it was a great day! We finished it off by "scarfing" down chicken nuggets, french fries and mac-n-cheese because frankly, in the words of little neighbor girl, "we are pizza-ed out"
Have a wonderful Memorial Weekend Y'all!










