There are times why I wonder why I do it to myself...I know that I'll regret it in the morning...I know my KIDS will "reap" what I have sown...but still, I go overboard because I think my right brain tendencies just don't know when to shut off and my left brain is too wimpy to stop it all...I stay up wayyyyy too late, doing things that take way too much time for the small amount of brain capacity that is functional at that time of night...
It's been a week...It started off with Sweetpea's all day Pioneer Day experience, at which I was "official photographer"...I'm not sure if after seeing the pictures that they will ask me back...seeing as I have about 300 pictures of Sweetpea's class and about 10 of the other school that was there...but, ya know...these things happen...
At least they happen to a Mom whose daughter is dressed up so incredibly cute and she's busting at the seams with excitement and it's all she can do not do use up the entire compact flash card taking pictures of her daughter's apron, bonnet and little black shoes...
This all followed a wedding from the Friday before, which followed a rehearsal dinner the day prior to that...it all led into a weekend of soccer games and photo shoots as well...
I have to be honest that I am so grateful for the opportunity to do photography...I felt like, growing up, I had in my mind to be what everyone else "thought" I should be...so I studied hard, I played sports, I learned music...not that I regret ANY of those things, but I don't think it was until I got to college and even more so once I met my husband, who accepted and just loved whomever I was or chose to be...that I just started exploring new avenues...like writing and sewing and then photography...
I'm totally going off track...the gist of it is that I love what I am doing and it's fun to be able to share that with my girlies too...
Okay...so back to my bedtime blues...
I did the ole "skin cancer awareness" screening thing on Tuesday...all my moles look great...there really isn't a purpose for them being there and if it didn't require needles and knives and doctor's offices and a list of other things that really make me jittery, I'd really get them all removed...but...ya know...the needle thing...can't handle it...
Wednesday came with the promise of ANOTHER field trip...This one was to a girl scout camp about 40 minutes on the other side of the city...I should have realized the impact of this trip after receiving about 4 notices about "good shoes" and "change of clothes"...had I known that I would be called upon to assist in the digging through pond scum, ripping worms apart with my bare hands...WITH MY BARE HANDS I tell you! and then basking in the rain while my first grader says to me, "Yeah Mom, I'm thinking that this probably wasn't the best field trip for you to come on...maybe Daddy should have brought me!"...I'm not sure I disagreed with her...
But people, a Mom's gotta do, what a Mom's gotta do...and so I sucked it up and ripped apart worms and stuck them with hooks...I pretended to eat mud slime and took pictures of tadpoles...I put on my "that is soooo awesome" face when they showed pelt after pelt of poor, DEAD animals...
And then I came home and washed my hands and then took a shower and washed my hands again...
Peanut had fun...and that's all that counts...oh, and I learned what a Damselfly is...and everyone laughed at me...but it was all in the name of Mommy!!!
Thursday brought some reprieve...but not really as I dragged Little Munchkin from store to store searching for supplies for the birthday party that I must plan for Saturday...what?, that's in a mere 12 hours from this moment and you haven't gotten it all planned?.. you ask...why yes, this is what "procastinating" looks like...it's also what "staying in front of the computer until the weeeee hours of the night trying to finish photo shoot editing while cross-eyed and hyped up on Pepsi and Coffee" looks like...
And so, I'm still asking myself...is it time for bed yet?
have a great weekend!
