(just FYI: may is skin cancer awareness month and they offered free screening...just thought I'd give it a try)
...wedding photo shoot...CHECK
...weekend photo shoots...CHECK
...Pioneer Day with Sweetpea...CHECK
...editing gazillions of pictures....ummm...
So, I've been a bit busy in front of my computer lately...don't get me wrong, I love me some computer time...but brightening eyes and saving for the web is getting a little old...
But, I suppose it's better than tramplin' through our saturated back yard and weeding the garden while mud slaps up the back of my legs...
Oh, wait...I HAVE been doing that as well...okay, not the weeding part...that would be my Italian Stallion's job...I prefer to wander back there when all the pickin' is finished and swoop in to take the credit as people drive by:)
And although this precipitation has GOT to stop sometime, it has done wonders for our lettuce...which I plan on photographing soon...once my fingers and right arm stop tingling from all the "over camera usage" this past weekend...
I would like to share just a few pics from Pioneer Day though...it was awesome...I was utterly impressed with the parents that put it all together AND for letting me just come and take pictures all day...and eat their fried chicken and noodles...and video tape the principal squaredancing:)
I still have a long road of editing ahead of me, but I'm attempting to tackle it in steps...as I'm able, I'll shoot a few pictures up here...in between trying to plan Peanut's birthday party and eating Java chip icecream at 2 in the morning!
Back to pioneer day...I think I spent a majority of my running around time getting "detail" pictures that noone but me/I will like (I have no idea which pronoun is proper in this case, so chose one and go with it)...
gotta luv wooden nickels...:)
and the square-dancing...OHHHH the dancing...
As I said, it was a glorious day...I took over 500 pictures, of which I won't post here because 1) I don't want every parent to have to sign a waiver thingy and 2) who wants to be bored with that many photos of kids you don't know running around in pioneer clothing at a location of which you are unaware???
So, I leave you with yet, another detail picture...I love the little boy's shadow on the gravestone...
I'll be back soon...I promise!

