...other Post Titles that would appropriately fit:
I'm Paranoid, but my Husband Humors Me
We Are Outnumbered
Our Weathermen and the SHOCK factor
Stupid Smoke Alarms
How to get the Worst Night's Sleep...Ever
the extent to which I am tired would probably equal the amount of rainfall that we've received this spring...
Let me explain..
In case you haven't seen the news lately, our country has been bombarded by tornadoes...awful, deadly, scary tornadoes that have left much damage in their wake...
And although, our area has never experienced one first hand, with how things have been, I'm not discounting it...and so last night, after the umpteenth time of watching the weathermen do their "hand ballet" across the radar explaining the fact that the world as we know it could be coming to an end...I had to make a decision...
The storm was supposed to role through around 3am..now, I KNOW that I'm not all that functional at 3am and after all the staying up late with editing, etc, I"m not the most coherent and/or coordinated...my fear was that we'd hear some siren and we'd have to get all 3 girls down to the basement in record time...this would mean that I'd have to actually THINK and be able to walk in a straight line...2 things of which I do poorly that "early" in the morning...
So, I made the paranoid decision to create a "bed" of sorts in the basement...it consisted of the old queen mattress on the floor with a large arm chair pushed up again one end....I was also able to crawl across the hoarding mess, which I have deemed my treasure trove in order to locate some blankets and old feather pillows. Italian Stallion and I created this makeshift bed thinking that the older girls and I would sleep across the queen bed and Little Munchkin would curl up in the chair. This only left my poor husband lacking a place to lay his head before his long day at work...
In my brilliance and his dear, and sacrificial heart, we threw some pillows on the treadmill and got his pillow from upstairs...my poor hubby spent a brilliant night "sleeping" on the exercise machine hoping that he wouldn't hit the on switch...
This wasn't "stellar" as is...but, at the same time, it was cooler in the basement and now I didn't have to worry about getting 3 children under shelter in the middle of the night...
For some reason...during this wonderful "solution" that we opted for last night, our smoke alarms decided to go off..only to further freak our children out and awaken us all at 5:30am to start our day...
And so...my day begins...and I think I'm heading for a nap this afternoon:)...maybe earlier...or maybe I'll just go back to bed when the girls get on the bus...