Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hello? Anyone home?

We floated into May...or maybe we swam, sailed, or rowed...either way, it's been a WET ride getting here.  I suppose I could lament about the never-ending rain, the mud puddles and the hundreds of dead worms that are scattered across my driveway...I could also insert a couple of "choice" words to explain how I feel about the plethera of dandelions that have exploded in our yard due to the influx of rain as well...but, we all know how I feel about that and needless to say, the battle has already begun...

Ah, but here we are in May...in this chipper 50 degree soggy weather...do I sound a bit "sarcastic" about it?  I believe that would be because I AM!  Don't get me wrong...the rain IS making all my lettuces, sugar peas and potatoes sprout up...and I've NEVER in my life seen my oregano come up as an entire BUSH of herbs, and yet, there it be!...

At the same time, I'm itchin' to get outside and not be splashed up the backside with mud...I want to play ball with my Little Munchkin and push her on the swing with out having to slosh myself to the swing set...I'd like to actually don a pair of capris and not get goosebumps and have to carry an umbrella every where I go...

And so my time has been spent editing photos (you can pop over to CTPhotoMems to see the latest shoots), and working on "stuff" for my photography class coming in June...it's also been spent reading books whilst I'm supposed to be researching for our upcoming trip to Williamsburg and D.C....did I forget to mention that we're heading there soon? 

whooops...I suppose I haven't been around much and therefore, have left you all in the dark...

Nevis, Easter and the Royal Wedding came and went and not even a peep from me...although, I COULD go on and on about the Royal Wedding, cuz I LOVE me some royals!  but, I will spare you my lengthy opinions on her dress, the readings, the fascinators and all things Fergie & Camilla:)  I will let you know that my girls got out my wedding dress on that day and proceeded to parade around the family room...I sent a picture to my hubby who directly responded with, "are you trying to give me a heart attack?"

So...in between my speed reading of historical fiction romance novels that really do nothing other than suck me into a nether world in the midst of the soggy outdoors...we are planning our trip, gathering our colonial dresses and sewing more aprons...picking up books from the library and getting our ipods ready with books on Cd...

this is our 2nd trip to VA and we're looking forward to some familiar spots...but I'd welcome any other suggestions for must sees if you care to share:)

Stay dry!