Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Rapunzel

My older girls were in the play, Rapunzel, last week.

Oh, and welcome back Ms. BlahGGER who doesn't show up for days on end...

Ahem...yes well...I'm sorry for that...the snot that has built up in my nose has apparantly brought in luggage and set up residence in my entire sinus areas...which now allows me for yet another excuse for my absence of late....

And so...where was I?
Yes...LAST week, my girls were in a play...Let me begin by saying that it OVERJOYED...no...it THRILLED my soul that my daughters wanted to PERFORM!  I know, I know...it's pathetic, selfish, "all glory to me-ish"...but, I just sooo wanted to "Show the world" (or at least the handful of parents and grandparents that crammed their bodies into the teeeeeny, tiny room) the fact that my girls DO enjoy applause and can be in the spotlight...

well...they kinda like the spotlight...

If the spotlight is center stage and they are down the hallway, in another room, in a group of other kids doing something completely different than acting in a play...

So

Where does that leave us with regards to the play itself and PERFORMANCE night?

They thoroughly enjoyed each and every practice...they read their lines at home and practiced in the car...they're looking forward to the new Disney movie, Tangled...all the "stars" were in our favor...

This was Peanut on the night of the performance...up on stage...
What?  Can't you see the PURE JOY that exudes from her very soul?

Yeah, she was doing everything in her power to hold it together and not lose it to tears...bless her heart!

They DID have fun though...and I DO have pictures to prove it...I'm thankful that the play was "low key"...and there weren't more than about 30 people in the room to watch...just their crazy mother hopping all over the place taking flash pictures and blinding everyone for miles made them resort to rolling of the eyes and stern looks!

I am happy though...so proud of them for trying something out of their comfort zone...for making new friends...for challenging themselves...

And although Italian Stallion deemed the watching of the HOUR AND A HALF performance a tad, "painful"...I, for one, was thoroughly pleased and bursting with love for my girlies...and then we went home and had pizza and ice cream...

The End.