Tuesday, October 12, 2010

What I've been up to

I know I complain verbalize some discomfort when I feel rather swamped with "stuff".

I've had some "stuff" lately.

My Italian Stallion has had a lot more travel this month (and will continue to do so until month's end) which is not only out of the norm for him, but tends to send me into a landslide of  "woe is me" and cries of "will it ever end"???

Amidst the 'drama', we have had some fun moments and I thought I'd share...

first off:  Apple Pie
I'd like to say that we picked the apples ourselves as we jovially went to the orchard and picked our bushels...

but that would be lying...

Meijer's produce department was the closest we got to the orchards this year...so I cheated and then made a pie...

it was good and we ate it...

and so did some fruit flies who decided to permanently move into my kitchen.


Next:  Family Pictures

I have that love/hate relationship with our family pictures...
Love because, duh, I love pictures
Hate, because I think by the time the picture taking is complete both myself and the rest of my family want to wring each other's necks...ahhh the love

Child Labor is next on the list...we like to grow 'em strong and resiliant...

We find that the best way to do this is to put them to work...

Visits from long lost uncles who move away to California and then come back and complain about the midwest weather in the middle of a soccer game when he's only really been gone one month and there's NO WAY his body has gotten used to his "glorified" Cali-weather...just because it happens to be a "bit" cold and blustery and rainy...

but, we love him anyway!

More child labor...cuz sometimes you just need a break!


That's what's goin' in my neck of the woods...
How about you?