A tradition at our house is to rake all the leaves in our yard into a huge pile around this time of year and wait for all the kids to get off the bus and then the whole neighborhood comes and jumps in it...In years past, I've had Sweetpea and Peanut there to help me...
they drag the blanket from one corner of our yard to the next as Mama rakes up dead leaves from our 22 trees...then we drag the blanket to a most appropriate spot on the premises and await the unloading of cooped up school children...
This year however, a couple of things are different...#1 I only have a 3 year with whom to work...and therefore the task of raking up leaves from, said 22 trees, is a workload that only a realistic task force can really tackle. Not to mention, Mommy is getting older people...Mommy can't hack the sweat and trudging an acre to pile the leaves...in a word (or two) Mommy is a wimp and she's old...plus, when she's ridiculous enough to scarf down the amount of food she did this past weekend, well, it takes some time for her poor ole heart to recooperate!
Therefore, our pile is a tad smaller than in years past...
But it turned out okay...b/c Little Munch and I had a great time 'swimming' and 'sleeping' in the leaves together...I'm learning to savor those moments...not only because living in the midwest does not afford you the luxury of knowing that your leaves will not be plummeted by rainfall within 24 hours and thus all your hard work was for naught...
but it wasn't for naught really, because we had a blast together...and it was worth the sweat dribbling down my back and the wet armpits b/c I have some issues with perspiring that obviously is NOT managed by clinical strenght Degree as the commercial promises!
Happy Fall everyone...it's my favorite time of year!


