"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:" ~Ecc.3:1
I'm not sure if photography and christmas cards fall under the complexity and context of this verse, but I'm going to hope so...perhaps it catagorizes itself under vs. 6 where there are times to search and give up, keep and throw away?
Although I have thoroughly enjoyed the outlet that photography affords me...and although it is with great pleasure that I help create memories for families...and it is often with giggles and Ah-Ha moments that I design cards...Well, I have to admit that it takes time...and apparantly, a lot of it...
Italian Stallion reminds me that it is a season...the FALL season to be exact...the time when everyone wants those family photos so they have them for those long winter months when everyone is holed up in the house dreaming of spring...it just takes a lot of my time and therefore other things have to go...
The blogging being one of those things...I knew coming into this time that it'd be hectic, but I had high hopes...what I didn't figure into the equation were the mounds of laundry, multiple scooter rides and late night games of rummikub with the girlies...and therefore...I've been a bit lax when it comes to blah-ing to all of you...(or at least the handful of people that happen to stop by here every once in awhile)
I want to interject here as I write b/c my husband has just pointed out specific dynamics of our children...Let me set the stage: Sweetpea is in the top bunk in her room yelling for us...why? Well, because Peanut has gone over to lay down with Little Munchkin in the purple room b/c Little Munch apparantly needed some cuddle time with her sister...Sweetpea is yelling to tattle on Peanut. Peanut however has fallen asleep...SOUND asleep in Little Munchkin's bed...Little Munchkin, upon hearing Sweetpea's weak yells for Mom and Dad, decides it is HER duty to overpower those pathetic cries and scream at the top of her lungs that Sweetpea NEEDS us...all the while, Peanut, the reason for all the noise in the first place, remains utterly and soundly asleep, oblivious to all that is going on around her...
Just wanted to throw that in there...this is a nightly occurance...fun times!
And so, that's just my little explanation as to why I may be incredibly sporadic in the coming month(s) with regards to the blog...I want to return once the sessions have settled down...I'll come back and let you know the Italian household happenings as I am able...
IN the meantime...here are a couple of things I've enjoyed lately and would LOVE to expound on them in the future:
You've GOT to see: How to Train a Dragon (awesome movie)
Read: Sarah's Keys (oh, my...heart breaking, but incredibly vivid and well developed literature)
Play: outside in the sun when you can...jump in leaves, scooter down the street, have a bonfire and eat smores...
See you soon!