This is happening in so many areas of my life right now...
WHIPPED into shape...
It rather feels like just plain ole WHIPPING, but I'm going to hope for the positive and regard it as merely "training exercises" that will further my ability to grow.
Let me mention that the above stated "whipping" did not occur in the area of nutrition and proper health on Saturday evening as I managed to scarf down a crispy chicken sandwich, a double cheeseburger, fries and then finished it off with an icecream drumstick all in the matter of about 20 minutes. Glutony, would be another term that might have satisfied the situation...it doesn't matter that I hadn't eaten breakfast or lunch due to soccer games, drop in visits from friends and the ever lovely downpour of rain changing the attire for the family as we headed to the 2nd soccer game of the day...
Nevertheless...who eats that much? who NEEDS to eat that much?
Well...I paid for it with nightmares of old boyfriends, tornadoes, and wacky alien people from the Electric Company again...I need to find another program for the kiddos to start watching...it's just plain getting ridiculous...
So, I got WHIPPED all night and got up at Oh Dark Early to run...and run and run...I didn't feel like eating again for awhile...at that point, Italian Stallion raided what is left of the garden and had ourselves a nice, home grown salad.
Next on the Whipping Post and much more importantly is my heart and mind...
If you remember, I'm simulataneously reading about a gazillion books...funny how they are kinda all fitting together...a little spooky if you ask me...and yet, perfectly logical when it comes to what God can orchestrate.
So, if Isaiah doesn't speak it loud enough when he prophecies, "woe to you who add house to house and join field to field till no space is left..."
Mamarazzi translation, "Man, you are in heaps of trouble people if you focus all your being on having a perfect home, and the latest fad toy for your kid, and only choose to wear name brand clothing whether you trick yourself into thinking you're getting a deal cuz you're getting it on sale or handed down from someone else, etc. etc....you're fillin' your life up with STUFF and there ain't no place left"
back up to Isaiah 1 when he starts shouting, "stop bringing meaningless offerings!"
Mamarazzi translation, "Just stop it...you all are religious and sweet and say just the right thing and profess a sweet and loving God, who He is, but stop thinking you've got it all together and that you have arrived and have it figured it out and falsely believe that you are basking in his approval"
I promise to stop in a sec...but this is just hitting home...I'm not moving to Africa and selling all my possessions...but I want to know where my heart lies...cuz if I couldn't do anything for HIM, then my heart isn't where it should be...He doesn't love me any less because of it, but He WANTS me to 'get it', get what it means to Love Him...and not just try to fit Him into my box of comfortable with a side of "what's the least I can do so that I can feel like I'm giving to the mission"?
WHEW! I'm sure there are some of you who may stop by my blog every 5-7 days or so, cuz really...you never really know if I'm gonna post anyway, so I don't blame you...but still, stopping by and reading this crazy, loud, Italian (bymarriage) spoutin' off a bunch of religious stuff...well, it's gotta be a little, "umm, can you just go back to posting pictures of you in goggles and trying to make it appear that you can cook?"
Yeah, I don't blame you for that either...
well, maybe...because seriously...goggles?
But, I get ya...and I won't do it all the time...but, I'm learning some things here...and sometimes it's easier to just get it out...talk my way to the conclusion of the matter...so I hope you'll offer small amounts of grace as I hash through my "stuff"...and I won't be hashing it out online all the time either...b/c that gets dull after awhile...and personally, I enjoy me some photography and parenting cliche's...
Have a great start to your week...