Something happens when you put two regular SAHMs, who happen to be awesome friends, on a plane and send them away from their regular responsibilites and families in order to do something that they love: take pictures!
AM and I went on a trip last weekend...and after I explain to you the following tale of our adventure, you may have an understanding as to my unbelievable amount of tiredness as I entered the week and began a photography job with Italian Stallion's work place. (but, I'll get to that later)
We looked toward to last Friday with anticipation and excitement...our first "real" photography job for a wedding in Maryland. IS said to me, "Awww, my girl is all grown up...heading off on her first business trip."
What he failed to understand perhaps is the "all grown up" part...
As I mentioned...something "happens" when AM and I get together and we don't have to think about changing diapers, who has their apple juice, mediating arguments over leapsters, monitoring the TV input for the day, making waffles and remembering to change the laundry over...
Put plain and simple...we get a little giddy...and that MAY be an understatement...
To begin:
At AM's house, as we were preparing to leave, doing the checklist in our heads over all the things that we needed...seeing as AM had forgotten her camera on her last job and I lack in the navigational department, we wanted to be as prepared as possible...we loaded up and headed on our way to the airport.
As we approached the exit ramp AM realized that she didn't have her license...Now, before you judge her harshly, she really had EVERYTHING else completely organized and ready...which I promptly took from her at this point and put into my bag (boarding passes, mapquests, etc etc)
After calling some people (mainly my darling Italian Stallion) we came to the conclusion that the photo id on the back of her Costco card was NOT going to get her validation to board the plane and that we needed to turn around and try to locate her license at home...or find her expired passport...b/c we were NOT going to even consider the option of sending me alone...we stick together, me and AM!
Long story short, she found the license, we got to the airport gate just in time to grab a venti white chocolate mocha and board the plane...we DO have our priorities!
Upon arriving, listening to some schpeel about a hybrid car, which neither of us quite knew what the big deal was, they "upgraded" us to a corolla rental car...Now, if a corolla is an upgrade...let's just say that we weren't "workin' our wiles" to get anything extra at this point...in fact, I think between our giggles and our being completely flustered over the events so far in the day, they just wanted to get us to a car and AWAY from small enclosed areas where we could bother others with our loud talking and laughter snorts...
We had a our good friend "Beatrice" the Gps device who we deemed schitzophrenic due to her manly voice when telling us upon which roads to turn. We made it to the rehearsal dinner and took a gazillion pictures to start off the evening...and then proceeded to stay up until midnight looking through them at the hotel and creating a slideshow for the next day. We MADE ourselves lay down and go to sleep at midnight only for me realize at 12:30am that we had not gotten our boarding passes for the next day...I yelled over to AM over on her bed and asked her what we should do...and then I called down to the help desk and asked them...to which they directed us to come downstairs and print it out on the "print boarding passes here" sign next to the computer/printer in the lobby. To my defense, Italian Stallion takes such good care of me that I don't need to be aware of all these little details and therefore, my mind was on other things that night...like, "hmmm I wonder what food they'll have at the reception AND should I curl my hair in the morning or put it up in a ponytail?"
Needless to say, we were exhausted starting our day photographing the wedding...but it was beautiful, and fun and we just had an all around great time...not to mention that we got some GREAT shots...(be sure to check into CTPhotoMemories Weddings on Monday morning for the first post)
We did make it back to the plane, after I downed a goblet of champagne and let AM and Beatrice get us back to the airport. Once again, the giddiness set in on top of our over tiredness, which made us loud and a bit goofy...we went through all our pictures and oohed and ahhhed over them the entire trip home. AM adopted the word FABULOUS and couldn't seem to stop using it..."oh this water is FABULOUS" "FABULOUS, our ride is here" "My feet don't feel so FABULOUS now"
She dropped me off at my car and I headed back to reality, savoring my little getaway...
only to receive another text from my dear friend as I entered my home, "I just got pulled over by a police officer who asked me if I had been drinking!" Which was a bit ironic...but, that's just how it goes...
and thus ended our adventure...never a dull moment!!!
p.s. AM...notice that I did NOT post the FABULOUS picture of you...just know that I have it dear one!