Yep, I said "camp"...
it's not camp like you might be thinking though...it's more like hanging out with Grandma, Papa and Auntie when they have a ton of activities planned, fun food to eat, lots of playing & crafts...
Okay, so maybe IT IS like camp...
whatever it is, the girls are having a BLAST!!!
My mom and sister have got everything planned out to the minute...
The girls earn points by cleaning up...they have Bible time, Rest Time, Craft Time, Play Time...and my sis has made sure that there is at least one BIG event each day...
Tonight they are having a campfire and sleeping outside in a tent...only to awaken and "shower" in their swimsuits in the sprinkler...
My girls think they have died and gone to heaven I believe:)
and these pictures are only from DAY ONE!!!
So, what's a mom to do when her girls are gone away from her all week? Who will she talk to? How will she function without the joys of mediation, helping with the potty, tying shoes, cleaning up spilled apple juice?
I'll tell you what she does...by golly...
***side note, before I begin...please understand that although I jest and sarcasticly revel in the joys of being "childless" for the week...this follows the buckets of tears that were shed as we left them and headed home...this is communicated with the knowledge that I WILL get these sweet girls back in a few short days in order to love on them and smother them with kisses until Little Munchkin's arm is wet from wiping them all off!...just sayin'***
THIS MOM...
Listens to something other than Veggie Tales, Princess CDs and books on tape...infact, I have discovered that the RADIO is still built into the current model of cars these days...imagine that...AND, they have stations...AMAZING!!!
Drinks froo-froo drinks and does not have to share SIPS with every little voice in the car...I get to slurp down the whole thing myself!!!
Reads books other than The Penderwicks, Biscuit Goes Somewhere and Chicka Chicka Boom Boom...and oh my, am I reading...stayed up until 1am last night...(stupid idea by the way) but, I CAN and that's what makes it fun:)
I'm sure that I will discover LOTS more fun things that I can do whilst I am kid-free...but, right now, I'm busy eating chocolate out in the open and hanging out in my pjs because I don't have anywhere else to be...
well, I'll be...there ARE more things to add to my list:)










