Italian Stallion was pondering yesterday how to "celebrate" 13 years...it's not a "big" year, in the sense of popularity...it's not 10 or 20...it's not even divisible by 5...
For some it may just seem old hat or just a passing, "yippe, we made it 13 years...can you put in a load of laundry?" (and I'd be remiss if I didn't say that I'm on my way to accomplishing just that as soon as I get my thoughts out on "paper")
He argued that we should call it the "LUCKY 13" (you know, because 13 is supposedly an unlucky number)...if you know my hubby, this "idea" won't come as a surprise to you at all:) but, because there is a chance that my young niece could potentially read this blog, we'll just keep it to a family rating of G and let it at that:)
A couple years back I gave the whole run-down on how I knew he was THE ONE:) I never tire of the story because it still amazes me...even now...however, for the sake of not boring others by continual repetition (or being redundant...good grief)...I thought I would take the opportunity to just list 13 reasons why I'm so thankful to wake up next to this guy everyday:)
1. He makes life fun and interesting. He's not boring...when he talks, people listen...he's not afraid to take risks and he makes it a priority to try to make me & the girls happy!
2. He's genuine, sincere and generous...not just with his money, but with his time and energy. He doesn't just play with our girls, but he goes out of his way to make sure his nieces and nephews know that they are special to him...he looks for ways to show compassion to those he cares about.
3. He's loyal...he makes a decision and sticks to it...faithful, living by a standard of integrity. This category right here was the hardest for me to trust way back when...when I was scared of marriage...but, he continues to prove it to me over and over again.
4. He's got nice legs:) You know me...
5. He's patient...oh goodness sakes, is he patient. I don't know how he manages this one...especially in our house...I'm not saying that he never loses his cool, but MAN, it has to get BAD before a temper starts to form...and even then, he's usually one to excuse himself to another room until he calms it down:) I need to take lessons...
6. He likes me:)
7. He's a decision maker and confident...but, even if he knows he's right, he'll wait until I figure something out on my own so that I have that feeling of accomplishment too:)
8. He likes being around...he has the occassional golf outing or movie going with a couple friends...but his heart is at home...I like that he likes to be around us.
9. He's helpful...i.e. he cleans out my van, folds clothes and cleans the kitchen...without complaining I might add...WOW!
10. He knows how to make me feel loved and does it. I can't say that this comes naturally, but he figured it out and makes the effort continuously.
11. He was a on a puppet team too in college so if he teases me about puppets, by golly, I've got him right back...HA!
12. He let's me be creative even if it means his basement is a disaster and there is "stuff" all over the house from multiple "projects" that I've enlisted.
13. We share the same belief in God, Jesus and the H.S.:) He's not ashamed or shy to talk about it, and he lives it out...
He's my man:) Best thing I ever said YES to in my life:) Happy Anniversay love:)



