Pretty much, my girls wore denim...denim overalls, denim jumpers, plain tees or onesies.
I never much was a girlie girl and so I suppose it rubbed off onto my "parental dresscode" for my babies.
I now have a total of three girls...1.2.3.
They are girlie, nevertheless...princess, nails, pink, purple and glitz...(sometimes I think it's God's way of putting a bit of my sister Sarah into my life, because it reminds me a lot of her:)
Anyway, the only way I can justify what I purchased yesterday is just to say that I "had it saved up" because I never spent moneys on frills when they were babies:)
I've been enjoying my "Kid-Free" days here of late...I've been running to stores that I know they'd not want to go into...lunching with friends and wandering around antique flea markets...just for fun.
I happened upon an "etsy-ish" store yesterday during my stroll in a neighboring quaint town and fell in love...the creativity exploded in front of my eyes...
Now, of course, it meant that I was storing up information so that I could actually replicate what I was seeing instead of purchasing...that's the sort of cheapskate I am...but in reality, I would LOVE to just create stuff all day...just not the SAME THING all day...I'd like to make a bag, then a bow, then some clothes, then a purse...but, that's besides the point...
I was amazed at the colors, the ideas, the talent...it was such a great little place...Infact, I think what made it even more fun was that it was an old 1800s house that had been turned into a store...therefore, each room had it's own "theme" and I must have spent at least an hour in there exploring.
I entered the back room (probably the main living area to folks way back when) and I stared in awe...dresses sewn, cupcake decor packages, monogrammed coffee mugs, handmade rings & bows...and then in the back they had purchased a display from an outside company...just for tweens & teens...
Locker decor:
We're talkin' magnets, mirrors, note pads, flowers, WALL PAPER...you name it...It was laughable and completely frivolous...but I LOVED IT! I loved it because it screamed GIRLS!
and it made me giggle:)
So, I bought this for my little "entering 5th grade" girl for her locker.

What is it you ask? Why, it's a motion detector light chandelier that magnetizes to the top of her locker. This along with some homemade "wallpaper" and other stuff (that we will create together when they get home) will make her locker all girly and fun...and I know I'm completely ridiculous...but, for the first time, it feels fun to just give in to the silliness of it all.
we don't give in to a lot of the other "stuff" that others have...and really, I'm not even copying off anyone here...or trying to "keep up with the jones" or any other such nonsense:) It just made me think of her when I passed by and I hope she giggles with me and knows that her Momma loves her and thinks she's worth a fun splurge:)
So there you have it...
today I'm baking and making pickles...fun combination huh? And then, I'll probably head off and do my "last fun thing" before we get packed up and head up to get our girls back from their "camp fun"!
What a great gift of a week!