Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sugar Highs with Friends

It's not often that I get out...just me...let me rephrase...me without the girls...It's not anyone's fault but my own. I think I either have the "guilties" if I'm away OR I just have too much stuff to accomplish, OR I'm just too plain tired...

But...there are those rare moments, that I get up the gumption and force a friend or two to join me. Nothing huge...my favorite thing to do in the evenings, when everyone else has gone to bed...is make that Barnes 'n Noble run...just to sit there with all those books and magazines and sip a latte...oh, it's just a bit of heaven.

I have one friend who, when I am with, we can easily sit in the same room and "visit" by exchanging novels that we've each recommended and READ...my husband doesn't count that as visiting, but she and I have a blast...it's just the way we are wired...

Tonight, another fantastic friend of mine, who is due with baby #3 any day, agreed to join me on this evening adventure...let's just say that after Cheesecake Factory slices and a starbucks coffee...we were on massive sugar highs.

We stopped first at the mall in order to get in some quick returns and then head over to BnN...I think the people we encountered thought we were nuts...it's as if our mouths couldn't stop talking...we struck up conversations with everyone and spoke LOUDLY. My friend commented through our stops that we kept getting things "free"...like a free shipping card from TCP, or the hot fudge cheesecakes or the deal at Barnes n Noble...the more I thought about it...I'm sure those poor people were just trying to passify us and get us out of their store quickly!

By the time we got to Barnes n Noble, we had already hit the restrooms a couple of times and kept spotting silly magazines or the EVER lovely SCHOOL BOOKS...I think the phrase is, "Once a teacher, always a teacher..." We were stuck in that school supply area until closing!

There is absolutely no point to this blog entry except to write about a great time that I had with a great friend tonight...I apologize for the lack of excitement or humor...BUT, I had a fun evening...I plan to try to make it happen more often...