Wednesday, August 6, 2008

All Good Things Must End...

I actually wanted to entitle this post, "My Boobs Hurt"...perhaps that was just a bit of TMI...but there you have it anyway...I'm supposing only those that really know me read this thing anyway...



Sooo onto my ramblings: I have officially finished nursing...it's done, over, finite, bye bye, (there's a french saying here that I can't remember how to spell...) Okay, so it's not that I'm in a deep depression or anything, but it's a little bittersweet I have to be honest.



My baby is 1. She's probably our LAST baby too...there are only 2 things that I see that I will never be able to do again: 1) be pregnant 2) nurse...all the other stuff can come back again with being a grandparent (which is a longgggggggg way off)



I did not necessarily enjoy being pregnant...it was fun in the middle maybe, but the beginning was yuck and by the end I was ready to be done...nursing is opposite...it starts out a little rough, but then it becomes this incredible thing. Maybe it's my need to be needed, but it just touches my heart when she is cuddled close and I'm the only one that give her what she needs...plus, I did enjoy actually HAVING a chest for a few months...



But, that time has ended...now, don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to being able to participate in activities that my older ones are involved in...my ability was so limited before....however, it's still a little sad...she's alllllllllmost walking, she drinks her milk from her big sippy cup and all my old bras are WAYYY too big!!!



So, that's my lament for tonight...Italian Stallion comes home tomorrow...I'm sure my mood will greatly improve and the self-pity will diminish once he's here...oh, just can't wait!!!