Monday, August 4, 2008

Projects

Okay...I'm a projects guru...maybe I should change that to addict? The problem is that I can't seem to stick to one thing...I get excited about something (I see the end, the final project in my head)...then I get impatient and do one of two things...either drop it completely OR hurry through it to get to the end...(It's that instant gratification problem I have too)

So, I started cleaning the house yesterday...got distracted by the garden...couldn't lift the bag of weeds and dead plants so I left it in the garden and trudged back inside...started on project #1: the painting of the old wooden tray. I was really excited with this one...found some old paint, got it all done, hardly waiting for the coats to dry in between...had the bright idea to varnish it...only varnish I could find in the basement was high gloss...who cares, I want it done...

Yeah, so I spent about 2 hours today sanding the entire thing down for the 2nd time, that gloss is hard to get off...

Project #2 was the sewing of the placemats...again, patience is a virtue and I am lacking in that virtue...Let's just say that oblong is the new rectangle at our house!!! hey, they are at least DONE! If they make it through one spin in the washer, I'll be happy!

My dad and I had a talk recently about how I have inherited a syndrome...I don't really have a name for it...it's just that I've got too many hobbies or things that I'm interested in and I never seem to finish anything...you've got to see my dad's barn to understand...but ya know, perhaps that could be called adult ADD??? who knows...

This is my 2nd time around trying the blogging...got totally sucked into facebook...so we'll see where this leads!!!