Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Neighborhood Gang

There are 2 other families in our neighborhood that our family happens to click with...It's amazing to me how kids bring people together...I'm so thankful for the little friends my girls have to play with each day. I'm thankful for their parents whom I trust and with whom my children feel safe.



We decided that as an end to the summer fling, the 3 families would head to the zoo for the afternoon/evening to first see animals and then head to the ride area...(ride wristbands only $6 after 4pm...great deal!!!)

So, we got there and the kids had a blast...the dads met up with us moms/kids and we made our way to the rides...


It was a fun evening...the dads were quite the sports, riding the rides. We came to the conclusion that we are a lot older now...I don't think it was that encouraging now that I think of it...nonetheless, the spinning, the up and down...man, we were exhausted by 8:30pm...WHAT IN THE WORLD?



At one point, my eldest had a bit of a hard time with something...my husband is so wonderful with her...he "gets" her...he sees that heart...I couldn't resist snapping a shot of him with her.


Fortunately, everything turned out fine and they were up and running again! I can't believe we stayed out that late with our littlest one, but it was worth it. I'm so thankful for those families and the friendships we've made here. Great Ending to a Day!