Thursday, August 7, 2008

Community Carrot


Okay, so we've been sooooooo patiently waiting for our garden produce to be ready to "harvest"...I know that it's only the beginning of August, but to a 6 and 4 year old, planting in May seems like a longggggggg time ago...


Who am I kidding, to a 34 year old it seems like a longggggggg time ago...I was ready to start pickin' something. We've already gotten our zucchini, but after 10 million of them (well, that might be an exaggeration...) I wanted something else...so, I decided we could pick ONE carrot...just to "test" and see how it was growing of course.

Just so you understand: because of my lack of patience the first time around, the carrots are kinda all over. I planted them in one spot and they didn't grow fast enough for my liking so I replanted some beans...I was upset about this because it was an entire pouch of carrot seeds that were "wasted"...but, low and behold, 2 weeks later, up come the carrots, in between the beans...therefore, we have these roaming carrots sticking up and I ended up planting "official" rows of carrots in a different location. (This time I was more patient and just let them be however, are about 3 weeks behind the roaming ones...)


All this to say...I couldn't wait another second, I HAD to see how big these carrots got...so I let the girls pick the biggest one and we all took a bite! YUMMY...and I don't even like veggies that much!
Everyone got in on the action...even my little 4 tooth wonder. I don't think that I necessarily have a green thumb...but, it could have a shade of sage or hunter in there right?