Monday, August 18, 2008

Sisters

You'd think with the AMOUNT of pictures that I take, I wouldn't feel like I have a moment undocumented. My camera is at my hip many times throughout the day, whether it be for "planned" special moments or for just ordinary life...but, there are times that we just ARE...no cameras, no video...just BEing...

And yet, inevitably, 1 hour afterwards, I am wishing I had a mounted camera in my house that could just capture our lives 24/7. My girls crack me up...they come up with sometimes, the silliest, yet creative, ways of play. I've learned to act like I'm not listening so that they will continue their dialogue...once I listen in, they start giggling and stop...so I just go about my business and "eavesdrop" while pretending that I'm engrossed in washing dishes or cleaning the floor.

I wish i had a video or picture of them playing today...I can't even write out the "play" they were performing because it wouldn't do it justice...they were just being sisters...not just sisters, they were friends...the way they talked, interacted, played...they know each other so well...sometimes this is bad because they know how to "push the other's buttons"...but most of the time, they "get" each other...and I love it.

I am humbled by their love for each other, the way the forgive so quickly...We just finished a chapter book entitled Beezus and Ramona by Beverly Cleary. I read it when I was little and I thought I'd read it to them...we got a kick out of Ramona's behavior towards her older sister. Ramona is quite the pest and I'm amazed at Beezus's patience with her...but, it definitely made my girls appreciate each other a bit more.

Don't be fooled though...my girls fight, tease and exasperate each other DAILY...but, I pray with God's help, that they will always love each other in the end and continue to be friends even when they are older!