Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Twenty Things from today

1. I've listened to the Wiggles too many time to count and I think I may be going a little crazy.

2. My children "graduated" from the 1st and 3rd grades today and are now officially 2nd and 4th graders...and I feel very old.

3. Little Munchkin clung to my body like a monkey today while we were at end of school year parties...while I was trying to take pictures with my 4 lb lens hooked to my 3 lb.camera with one hand...while sweat poured from my armpits like a faucet...turns out she had a fever.

4. I've listened to Phillips, Craig & Dean too many times to count as well and I think I might just ban the CD player for a day.

5. Two loads of clean laundry are sitting on my brown couch in the music room and I keep finding OTHER things to do rather than fold it...cuz I just don't like doing laundry!!!

6. I made fruit kabobs this morning for Sweetpea's party...I think there is still watermelon juice on my floor.

7. Little Munchkin did NOT pee in her bed during naptime today and I am glad b/c it means less laundry.

8. I ate half a jar of left over frosting that I found in the fridge...just because...and it was vanilla in case anyone was wondering.

9. I changed my shirt 3 times today...maybe 6???  I have perspiration issues...

10. I edited/processed photos from a photo shoot this past Sunday and kept thinking I was seeing green...turns out it was just the trees and I need some time away from the computer screen.

11. We all ate a LOT of snowcones, with LOTS of syrupy syrup.

12. The sugar overload caused all 3 of my girls to whine, argue, complain, whine, annoy each other, whine...did I mention whine?

13. I inspected at least 15 bug bites that each of my daughters thought were life-threatening and required generous doses of topical anti-itch creme.

14. I got a shower AND I got to shave..woohoo!!!

15. I got myself a mocha frappe today and purchased McD's for dinner b/c daddy is out of town this week and I was too tired to cook...apparantly, since we don't eat out much, fast food doesn't settle well on our stomachs any longer...I'll just leave it at that.

16. I cleaned our tub at 6:30 this morning...no real reason, just felt like something to do...should have done the laundry instead.

17. I finally put gas in our car...it's had the light on for a couple of days...but, it was 20 cents cheaper than 2 days ago...SCORE!

18. I'm planning on teaching a photography class in Michigan in July and I'm working on NOT getting overly excited about it b/c I tend to go a little overboard and then feel deflated when things go wrong (i.e people cancel)  but, I did spend time writing a little "advertisement" again...and it was fun.

19. I thought about the fact that I need to start on Peanut's thank you notes from her party, but I still haven't made much progress in that area...UGH

20. I researched pools, pool memberships, swim lessons and have decided that basically, the most cost effective way to swim this summer is to win the lottery and build my own community pool...or just blow up our little one and have a few hard lemonades this summer:)