Thursday, June 9, 2011

Goodbye for the summer..

The fact that my older children have graduated onto their next respective grades has left me feeling rather old...I'm not looking for pity or, "Just wait until they hit high school...bwhaa haa haa"

I get it...kids get older...they go into the next grade...these things happen...

I'm not "sad" about it...I'm just sayin': I'm feeling or rather realizing the fact that as they grow older...I do in fact, grow older...and that's okay...b/c duh, that's life..

so where am I going with this?  absolutely nowhere folks...this is me rambling...rambling because I have not had a whole lot of adult conversation lately due to the fact that my hubby has been gone for a few days on business and even my older ones have been off having slumber parties here and there...and so my "communication skills" have been limited to that of an almost 4 year old who doesn't really want to hear about her Mommy getting older...

although she did say to me this morning, "Mommy, when I get older, I want to be just like you"
To which I replied, "Oh sweetheart that is really sweet" AND THEN she said, "Yep, I want to be bigger...I will have big boobs, big legs, big arms..." and at this point, I just stopped her and gave her squeeze and told her that I would fix her some banana bread and apple juice...b/c do we REALLY want to continue THIS conversation??

To stop this line of thought I will now transition into the last days of school for my older two...just a few pics to share and then surprise-surprise, I'm starting another project...



they had outside water fun stuff and inside writing autographs on people's shirts stuff...it was fun and we LOVED our teachers this year!  Right now though, the biggest dilemma is trying to figure out what to do about the "pool" situation...we've never had a pool membership before and swim lessons are alittle pricey this year...we may just bite the bullet and get a membership and I'll earn the money through my camera classes that I've done and am doing in the future...

And that brings me to my "project"...
I'm startin' on these bad boys here soon...I had fun matching colors today...I hope all the gals will like them once they are all sewn and ready to go!!!  (In case you don't know what they will become:  camera strap slip covers...just so ya know)

Stay cool!