Yesterday my baby girl turned 4! I am in awe that it has been 4 years since I lay panting and breathing in a hospital room informing the doctor and my husband that "I think I'm finished now...let's just call this quits and wait until later to get the child out." And it's been 4 years since the doctor ignored my pleas and out came a screaming, crying, red faced little GIRL...the third one for this Italian household...
We celebrated by decorating our ever-popular chocolate chip pancakes with candles...It's really a staple in our house...the pancakes that is...we feel that everything tastes better if you put chocolate into it:)
We're all into the "happy" here...and apparantly, sugar too...
Little Munchkin had a great day of ice cream, Red Robin lunch with daddy, rapunzel dolls, calls from family members and getting a new booster seat...
She woke me up saying, "Mommy, is today my birthday?"
I replied, "Yes it is...today is the day!"
"I am 4 right now?"
"You are 4 years old...right now!"
to which she began to cry...the tears forming in her eyes as I tried to scramble and figure out why today, of all days would cause her such pain...and then she said in anguish, "but, Mommy...I did not growed!"
Little Munchkin will probably be the shortest of the 3 sisters...and if not, and by some miracle she shoots up past one or both of them later in life...we're still off to a slower start...and therefore, the traditional "get rid of the 5 point harness carseat and get a brand new booster chair" was not going to cut it for safety purposes. So, we had to purchase one of those boosters with the seat back attached...it's pink with butterflies...we passed with flying colors!
VBS also started this week...thus I'm a bit on the weary side...I'm in charge of the "music" portion of the programming...I'm sad to admit that I didn't necessarily put a ton of thought and practice into this endeavor and therefore, I'm scrambling and flying by the seat of my pants...
It is probably NOT a good thing that this was also the week that had a free online broadcast 16 hour tutorial on photoshop elements that I wanted to watch...so that I could stream it for free instead of paying for it later...and so, my evening consisted of staying up until almost 1am...sleeping for a bit and then getting up again at 3am to finish the set...
The extremes I go to save a buck is sometimes just ridiculous:) but, I figure I won't really remember it in a week or so anyway....it's all good!
All this to say: Happy Birthday to my sweet little girl...VBS is kickin' me, but we're having a blast and oh my goodness, I need some sleep!