I can't remember if I mentioned that we bit the bullet and got a pool membership? Did I tell you that?
We've never done that before...for a myriad of reasons, but we decided that this was the year to try it out...and trying it out we are....
Infact, we're heading there in about 2.5 hours...hee hee
The really cool thing about it is also the fact that they have tennis courts.
Now let me preface this all by stating something obvious...at least for those that know me...I'm not the most "athletically inclined"...and therefore, I have birthed girls that have inherited some of that....fortunately, they are half my hubby and so I contribute their stamina and any semblence of a competitive nature to him...
I tried basketball, cheerleading and track in highschool...I dabbled a bit in softball and actually tried golf once I started teaching...Let me just say, "I'm no super-star"...Infact, I'm more like the "sit on the bench and watch everyone else while eating orange slices and talking to anyone in the stands who may want to hear about my latest Calculus test" sort of person...
The girls have tried soccer and gymnastics and they really do enjoy the energy and comradery...and I like to sit on the sidelines screaming (soccer) or holding my breath (gymnastics)
Which brings me to our next "athletic venture": TENNIS
Little known fact about my hubby: he used to be short...we're talkin' VERY short...where everyone else towered over him and he felt it necessary to extract himself from the basketball team. Now, I have trouble imaging this considering he is VERY tall now and towers over everyone else in his family...older brother, older sister, parents, grandparents, etc...you get the idea...However, because of this "self-imposed" extraction from the wonderful game of ball...he decided to try Tennis...Needless to say he shot up in height pretty darn fast after that, but not before he learned some great lessons...and it all paid off b/c that's how most of his college tuition was paid for on his tennis SCHOLARSHIP...woohoo buddy!
Now, I know NOTHING about tennis EXCEPT there is no falling from a high beam, no kicking of the shins or possible kicks to the nose...no spikes to contend with...AND to top it all off...wait for it...this is the BEST part...THE GIRLS GET TO WEAR CUTE LITTLE SKIRTS!!!
Isn't that just soooo fantastic?
Therefore, I thought it would be a GREAT idea...ya know, having the pool membership WITH the tennis courts and everything...that Italian Stallion could start weekly lessons with the girls...
And so began our Sunday afternoon tradition...Now, I know that Sweetpea is NOT wearing a cute skirt in this picture and I TRIED to get her to understand the importance of it all, but she had her own ideas and her swimsuit underneath b/c who can learn tennis at a pool without jumping into the pool afterwards?
Little Munchkin patiently awaits her turn someday...in the meantime she can just dream of all the sweet skirts and pretty tops she can outfit together...
...I'm thinking that Sweetpea has inherited some of her daddy's know-how...Peanut is next in line...so we'll see how it goes!!!