First of all, I'll answer just a few questions...because, as you know, comments ARE my love language and I DO want to keep those people happy:)
#1) What did my older girls get at the AG store? Sweetpea chose a travel outfit and a Felicity tea dress...seeing as Felicity is "going into the chamber" at the end of 2010, she wanted to be sure that she got anything for her historical doll that she'd "never" be able to get again...and here is where I'd LIKE to give an entire dissertation about the money making hoohah that irritates the bejeezies out of me and why the heck do they have to do this to little girls...but, then I'd have to jump on the bandwagon of bashing Disney for doing it as well...and I'm just not going to pick a fight with the late Mr. Disney this season...
Peanut chose Kit's scooter and an ice skating outfit for her doll. Each them were told by their Nana that they could choose one more item from her...but, I won't tell you what that is right now because we're trying to "forget" about it so that we'll be "surprised" at Christmas!
#2) Where did I get that header? I just made it...that's it...the fall header wasn't showing up on my laptop any longer because it was getting blocked or something...probably because I was using another source...so I just made up my own and uploaded it...simple as that!
Okay...now that that is finished...let us back up some more to give you the scoop on the Italian household traditions leading up to Christmas.
Last year, I believe I did post upon post about our traditions...and if you missed it...well, I'm sure it's somewhere in the archives of December...OR you can go to my facebook page and look through my albums...I made a whole book of it for the girls...
One thing that we always do though, is cut down the ole Christmas tree...
It starts a'fresh each year with the banter of who is going to find the PERFECT tree...
This year we decided to let the girls cut it down...
We think it's important to give small children very sharp objects and give them very little direction in how one is to utilize the tool...
We figure they'll eventually figure it out...
That, or Mommy has a heart attack just watching them, grabs the saw and waves it wildly at Daddy saying, "They are going to cut off their fingers for heavens sakes...YOU do it!"
In the end, we get the "perfect" tree...come home to Sweetpea reminiscing about each ornament...Peanut snagging the Santa hats and blasting the Chrismtas music...and Little Munchkin putting the star on top...
I'll leave you with the following video because it is something that Little Munchkin LOVES to reenact nearly every day since we first introduced the girls to Buddy the Elf...
I like to say that we are teaching our girls the proper ladylike etiquette daily in our home...
And in case that's not enough funny enough for you today...please hop over to BigMama blog and read her entry...it's just real and funny and the ending is the best!


