Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I'm in Heaven...

not LITERALLY...

but oh my...

Let me explain...

I believe the last time we purchased a new computer was around the 2002 mark...this was before I got heavily into digital photography, this was 3 photoshop programs, 2 external harddrives, 4-5 mice, 4 cameras, and an ipod touch AGO...

Let's just say that my computer and my box monitor had seen better days...and quite frankly, sitting at my computer waiting for about 15 minutes for ONE picture to upload was literally doing me in...all of my time and energies were being zapped as I sat bug eyed in front of my mega slow computer into the wee hours of the morning. 

And soooo, the saving began...it began last May after I purchased my camera...I knew that if I could just stick it out, we'd have enough to purchase a computer that actually stayed online without kicking you off every time you tried to upload an image...if I could just hang in there with my teeny box monitor and enlarge everything so that I could possibly get things edited correctly..

Well..it paid off...My new computer arrived today and I'm in heaven...

BAM...internet
BAM...photoshop
BAM...side by side

Oh my it's heavenly and I"m finished sooo incredibly quickly!  It's just wonderful... and for those that are wondering...NOPE...I did not go with a Mac...not because I don't think they're great...but for the same reason I'm with Nikon and not Canon...it's what I know and where I can work the most comfortably...and I'm happy...

I feel so blessed this evening...I'm in the process of trying to get organized here at home...I really do hope to get back to a regularly blogging schedule...hang in there with me...

have a great week!