Did you read that title correctly? It said,
"School Starts Tomorrow"
I'll let that sink in a moment.
don't let the sniffling and gulping and pitiful sounds of me crying in the background disturb you...
We're ready...we've
met the teachers
purchased all our supplies
found a semi-new to new/clean outfit to wear in the morning
bought all the school lunch stuff like granola bars, carrot sticks, cheez its, oreos, 3 x 5 note cards so Mommy can write a little note every single day of school and hide it in the lunchbox for them to lovingly open and read each day around noon while mommy watches the clock and thinks that they "may" be reading that note at THIS VERY SECOND...
*I think I'm loosing it*
I'm not normally this pathetic...
no really...I'm not...
I'm going to blame it on the fact that I've gained about 5 lbs this summer due to my overload of Pepsi, starbucks, and all things Cheesecake Factory...this in turn has caused some major hormonal balance swings which can only be the direct cause to my hyper sensitivity to my eldest daughters heading to school FULL TIME for this next school year.
I suppose I ought to get ready for these new "seasons" of life...anything CHANGE related scares me half to death...it gets me into a tailspin of worry...b/c I don't just thinka bout this year...I start snowballing into when Munchkin will be heading off to school full time and then what will I do b/c I don't know if I can handle going back to teaching and how will they ever have a nice wedding and afford college if I don't do something and what if I become a crazy mother who stalks their children at school or worse yet, I become the president of the PTO and have secret dreams of speaking from a podium about the evils of twinkies and the blessings of box tops??? HEAVEN HELP ME!!!
I will awaken tomorrow morning and make my children their chocolate chip oatmeal pancakes. I will get them dressed and ready and scurry them out to the bus stop. Little Munchkin and I will cry and wave as they get on the bus and head off to their brand new school with Mac computers and smart boards...things that I have no idea bout and I will just keep breathing in and out and take Little Munch out to breakfast and on a date to get new shoes for the first time in her 3.2 years of life and then we'll play and wait for them to return home again in the afternoon.
And that's it folks...
as I said...
School Starts Tomorrow