I will pick them off every single burger and/or chick fil a sandwich that you ever give me...
I don't know why I don't like them...maybe it's the texture, or the vinegar taste...the point is...
I don't like them.
BUT...always a but...
What's a person to do when you plant a garden and your husband says, "Hey, let's just plant some more cucumber plants" and low and behold, you've got cucumbers coming out of your ears???
You make pickles...and then you sell them at your upcoming farm market!!! THAT'S what you do...
And so...
We sliced ourselves some cucumbers...
a BUNCH of them...
I'd like to tell you that there is specific width at which you cut pickles, but since I don't eat them...I just guessed...
get yourself these ingredients...along with some sugar...
and one of these
and don't make me show another picture of me in the goggles, cuz it was embarrassing enough the first time around...
The girls and I mixed all this stuff together...and we boiled the "non-vegetable ingreditents" to just get that sugar to die down a bit...when it cooled, we poured it over top the veggies and stuck them in the fridge...
To be sure, I had my neighbor test them out, being the pickle conisseur that he is...we got an A...
So, they'll be at the market this Saturday at 11am...get 'em while they're hot...
or cold...
being as they are FRIDGE pickles...
Here's the recipe:
6 lbs cucumbers
4 onions
4 cupes
sugar
1/2 cup salt
1 tsp celery salt
1/4 tsp ground mustard
1 1/2 tsp tumeric
4 cups white vinegar



