Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I have a black eye:(

So, in my rush to try to make donut snowmen and reindeer, create NorthPole cupcakes and Milano cookie treats...clean my house, make it to the Christmas Sing a long and school parties WITH all the treats...and then change little Munchkin into clean clothes because she managed to get frosting everywhere...



yes...well, in my rush...I FORGOT that I had put the metal chairs that normally sit at our island in the kitchen, into the laundry room.  I did this because the legs broke on one of them and it looked silly to just have one chair...and, I was in a hurry so I dragged them into the laundry room...

I forgot this as I stormed into the dark room and bent over quickly to check the washer to see if any of Little Munchkin's clothes might be ready to switch to the dryer before everyone got to the house...

It was at this time that my eye/head collided with the top, metal ball on the chair back. 

I think I've mentioned before that I have a fairly high tolerance for pain...however, in that moment, I immediately put one hand over my eye and crawled out of the room.  My head was throbbing so badly that to speak caused more pain...so I just calmly whispered to any one of my girls as I leaned up against the pantry door..."Um, Mommy is hurt...she needs help...now...I need help...please someone get me ice...it would be so appreciated."  I said this in such a monotone voice that I think they thought I was kidding...

I'm going to assume this since it took FOREVER for one of them to actually GET what I needed...apparantly, Wild Kratts trumps Mommy, even when she's down for the count...bummer for me!

I finally got that much needed ice and decided to forego the rest of the cleaning and just pass it off to Italian Stallion when he got home...I took my leave on the couch and prayed that my eyeball stayed in it's socket so that I could at least enjoy eating all the many treats I had prepared earlier that day. 

Needless to say (as I'm seeing cleary and am able to type a semi-coherent blog post) my eye is fine...the swelling has gone down and the normal skin-tone coloring has returned to most of the area surrounding my eye.  It is still painful to touch, so I skimped on any makeup today:)

I can't believe Christmas is on Sunday...(good thing I know photoshop:)  But even with my black eye and the burn on my wrist (that's  a whole other story too) I'm still enjoying all the preparations and festivities...hope you are too!